3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2010 4:17 PM by WalterSeaton

DVD Burning Messages Incorrect

WalterSeaton Level 1

After editing and saving a 55 minute video, I tried to burn 4 copies. After the first copy indicated 96% complete, the burner drawer opened and ejected the DVD. When I tested it, the DVD was complete and perfect. However, Premiere appeared to be "stuck" and a check of the Task Manager showed it was not responding - I had to exit the application. This happened again with the next two. With the last one, the drawer opened when the indication was "Burning Disc 1 of 1 - 70%". But although the drawer was open, the indicator continued to count on - I attach a screen shot at 84 % below. This DVD was also perfect, but when I got back to my PC after checking the DVD the message read "Burn Complete" (or something like that) and the application was responding.

Premier Problem.jpg

What is wrong and how can I fix it?

• 1. Re: DVD Burning Messages Incorrect
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The smartest way to make multiple copies of a DVD is to select the option to burn the DVD files to a folder on your hard drive rather than directly to a disc.

Once the "burn" is complete, making DVDs is as simple as copying the VIDEO_TS folder you've created to a disc using your computer's DVD burning software. Takes just a few minutes -- as opposed to re-transcoding each time you want another copy of your DVD.

If you use Nero to burn your disc, by the way, make sure it's set to produce a playable rather than data disc.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: DVD Burning Messages Incorrect
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Authoring a DVD is an intensive process, and requires many resources. There are several issues that can arise:

Heat buildup in the CPU, the HDD's and the RAM can shut down the computer, or lock up programs. A weak, failing or undersized PSU can shut things down, when the load (CPU, HDD's and burner) gets up to its limit.

Programs, like Hibernation, Power Savers, screen savers and devices like "green" HDD's, can shut down intense and protracted operations, as can live AV scanning, live spyware scanning, and even Windows Indexing.

Those are all things to consider,

Hunt

• 3. Re: DVD Burning Messages Incorrect
              WalterSeaton Level 1

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Walter