Don't know if this will apply to your situation. I'm on 10.5.7 and Software Update recently wanted to update all my HP Drivers. You might check Software Update on your computer.
Thanks, Tom. I just updated over the weekend to OS 10.6 and Software Update bumped it up to 10.6.4, so in theory I should be up to date. But I will definitely check! And, since I'm still at work, I don't know if my HP printers at home work...
Update: printing at home, all worked as expected, printed from all Adobe apps regardless of version, as well as email and Word. This is really weird. Guess I'll just have to wait and see if things print at work tomorrow.
1 person found this helpful
seems to be a few printing problems with CS5. Did you create these as new CS5 documents? Or did you open older doc
in CS5 and then try to print those through CS5?
try creating a CS5 doc and copy/pasting all old material to it and see if that at least prints it then.
OOOh, good suggestion! The tech support guy at work suggested it might be something with some hinky fonts, so I created a document in AICS5 with the same fonts as the file that wouldn't print at work (which printed fine at home). When I get in, I'm going to convert to outlines the doc that wouldn't print at work yesterday, see if that makes a difference.
Anyway, need to be hopping in the shower to head out for another day in the trenches.
Okay, folks, here's what I did to get these things to come out of the printer:
The AI files were mixed, some were created from scratch in AICS5 and others were AICS3 docs that were opened, edited and then saved in CS5.
There were placed raster images of various types in the files. Somehow I decided to check to see and what I discovered was that the AI files that printed had .psd and .pdf files placed, and the files that didn't print had .eps files placed. The .eps files were very old, some with creation dates as old as '04.
I opened the old .eps files in PSCS5 and saved them as current .psd files, relinked them, and viola, I have prints.
So, if you have printing problems, and you use old image files (our products haven't changed in years), try saving the files to a newer format.
Hope this info helps you.