Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Captivate 4 for DVD usage

Jun 21, 2010 Jun 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to preserve user functionality (SWF features) for export to DVD? I need to be able to allow the user to view (click-through) the presentation at there own pace - will the AVI export provide this functionality? Please advise.

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2010 Jun 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome on the forum.

AVI results in a real 'video', do not think that you can have interaction possible.

Did you try to publish as an EXE with the Media option in the Publishing dialog box?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 22, 2010 Jun 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lilybiri is correct. What you need to do is publish using the Media option (in the Publish dialog) and use the Windows Executable (*.exe) option. You can also have Cp generate an autorun file for you (check "Generate autorun for CD"). That'll automatically launch the project on CD. I haven't tried it on DVD, but I assume it works the same way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources