10 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2010 7:13 AM by the_wine_snob

Loading Encore in Premiere CS5

talkingdonkey

Hi Guys,

I need to export a project to DVD and I cannot seem to find how to run encore from inside my premiere cs5 project. It is perhaps a dumb question but can someone please help me? Thanks

And also is there a site that hosts templates for premiere? I've been looking around and I'm finding it all real hard.

And ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks

-Simon

• 1. Re: Loading Encore in Premiere CS5
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Simon,

I am not sure exactly what you wish to do. Encore is an authoring program to produce DVD, BD or Flash from edited (PrPro) Projects. It does not go the other direction. Can you give us more detail of your proposed workflow. Right now, my answer would be "No, you cannot do that," but I might well be missing something.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Loading Encore in Premiere CS5
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>export a project to DVD and I cannot seem to find how to run encore from inside my premiere cs5 project

How about looking for DYNAMIC LINK in the help files?

• 3. Re: Loading Encore in Premiere CS5
              wonderspark Level 1

I'll take a guess that you're trying to export a DVD directly from the timeline, without any menus.  Exporting to Encore via the timeline will render out the video, then open Encore, and burn a DVD all without any prompting beyond the initial filename and options popups.  I prefer to export test DVDs this way.

In CS3, for example, this is done by selecting the timeline window (click onto the cursor in the timeline, and you'll see the yellow line around the timeline window) and select File>Export>Export to Encore.  If you don't have the timeline selected, the option is greyed out.

I haven't installed CS5 yet, because I'm waiting until I finish my current production, but it should be the same, unless they changed it.

I've seen some nice AE templates on videohive.net, but I haven't seen any Encore template sites.

• 4. Re: Loading Encore in Premiere CS5
                talkingdonkey Level 1

Hi guys,

thanks for the feedback, wonderspark has kind of nailed where I'm going. Ok i tried what you said but when i select the cursor the only option is "set Encore chapter marker" i can't see where to export my project into Encore.

I am not clear on the use of After Effects. I'm doing funeral videos...nothing too fancy i just want to do a good job. I would also like to have some templates for a dvd menu but im not clear on whether i just import templates into the premiere project or what.

thanks heaps

Simon

• 5. Re: Loading Encore in Premiere CS5
                  Harm Millaard Level 7

With the time line active, File / Adobe Dynamic Link / Send to Encore.

• 6. Re: Loading Encore in Premiere CS5
                    talkingdonkey Level 1

Thanks Harm (and the other guys) I'm very new at this and feel like a real noob.

Its all working now....i just have to figure out dvd menu templates etc

cheers simon

• 7. Re: Loading Encore in Premiere CS5
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Simon,

Especially being new to Encore, let me make a recommendation. There is a great book, The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe EncoreDVD 2.0, Focal Press, by Jeff Bellune. Yes, it's for an older version, BUT, everything in that book will apply. Only some new features are missing, like BD authoring and the enhanced Adobe Dynamic Link, but both are covered in the Help files. If you want to learn to author, that book is the key. You will use it every time you fire up Encore. I promise.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 8. Re: Loading Encore in Premiere CS5
                        talkingdonkey Level 1

Thanks Bill i will look into that. Hey you wouldn't know of any helpful videos that show me how to crate alternative backgrounds in Prem cs5? I'm wanting to have a video of me speaking from shoulders up with the option to import a background/s other than my boring studio wall. I know this is tricky but any help would be great. Ant idea of how to get a dvd template (menu into Prem cs5) for my dvd's would also be wonderful.

Thanks

Simon

• 9. Re: Loading Encore in Premiere CS5
                          shooternz Level 6

Its actually relatively easy.

Read up on Green Screen  Key techniques (clue "CS5 Ultra Key") ...choose a BG of your preference and go for it.

DVD templates have no place in PremPro.  You are confused about what application does what.

PremPro is an editing  application.  Encore is a DVD Authoring application.

• 10. Re: Loading Encore in Premiere CS5
                            the_wine_snob Level 9

Simon,

Take a look at this TUTORIAL. Note: some interpolation will be needed, as it was done for Pr 6.0, but the basics will be the same.

Good luck,

Hunt