6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2010 3:32 PM by JimHess-8IPblY

dng wont import anymore LR3

luebeck Level 1

Help please

I have  converted my raw Hasselblad files to DNG. I imported one folder with  about 40 images no problem. The dngs are all sitting on a local drive on  my machine.  When I went to import another folder of DNG'S I see all  the files in the preview window,they all have the check marks the import  bar goes quickly but nothing imports. I have to shut down LR3 and  restart before I can have access to the import button again. I tried to  import some jpegs and they import fine. This is a problem I've not seen before in LR2 or in the LR3 beta

camera raw 6.1

LR3

OS  10.58

Regards,

Patrick

• 1. Re: dng wont import anymore LR3
          luebeck Level 1

In addition. The dngs come from Phocus 2.5. I did another shoot and have loaded the files on my hard drive. I can export the files as Tiff or Jpeg etc. I can open the files in Photoshop. The failure seems inconsistent. In the same shoot i was able to import some of the files as dng in Lightroom but others not. I have also looked at the permissions on the files. I have read and right and admin privileges. I have reinstalled Phocus and re tested. I have tried importing the dngs on my mac book same problem .

Where does the problem come from? better yet how do you get rid of it?

How much time can we waist with this cr.........

Patrick

• 2. Re: dng wont import anymore LR3
            JimHess-8IPblY Level 3

So, what are you using, really?  Are you using Lightroom?  Or are you using Camera Raw?  Lightroom does not use the Camera Raw plug-in.  Is there any chance that the new batch of DNG files have the same names as the previous batch?

• 3. Re: dng wont import anymore LR3
              luebeck Level 1

So,from Phocus I export from either 3fr or fff to dng. I import in Lightroom

the dng files. Simply the dng files as mentioned will not import into

Lightroom 3. They will however import into Lightroom 2. We have tried with

the file name the same and also with a new file name.

If I import the 3fr files into Lightroom 2 and export them as dng I am able

to import the dng files created in Lightroom 2 into Lightroom 3. Same file

name as the original files.

Regards,

Patrick

Am 22/06/2010 17:44 schrieb "JimHess" unter <forums@adobe.com>:

So, what are you using, really?  Are you using Lightroom?  Or are you using

Camera Raw?  Lightroom does not use the Camera Raw plug-in.  Is there any

chance that the new batch of DNG files have the same names as the previous

batch?

>

• 4. Re: dng wont import anymore LR3
                JimHess-DIrcbP Level 3

First, the disclaimer.  I'm not a DNG expert.  But I'm wondering if your Phocus program is using an old DNG specification that is no longer valid.  My only suggestion at this point would be for you to download the latest DNG converter from Adobe, and use it to view your conversions.

• 5. Re: dng wont import anymore LR3
                  JimHess-8IPblY Level 3

I really meant to say to use the Adobe DNG converter to DO your conversions.  Apparently I have two different forum accounts, and depending on which one decides to log in I'm not even able to fix my own mistakes.  Sorry about that.  I wish there was some way to get my accounts straightened out.  But apparently there isn't.

• 6. Re: dng wont import anymore LR3
                    JimHess-8IPblY Level 3

I just realized how foolish my suggestion might have been.  I have not ever used a Hasselblad digital camera.  And I didn't look close enough at the ACR compatibility list.  But I did notice that ACR 6.1 only supports the .3fr files, and Lightroom 3.0 has the same compatibility list.  And I don't know what model you have, so I don't know if the DNG converter will work or not.  So it looks like I had better just stop trying on this one.  Good luck.