2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2010 10:17 AM by Reinxcore

Adobe Air refuses to install OS X 10.6

Reinxcore

I've been trying for the past hour or so to find a way to install Adobe AIR on my MacBook Pro. As it begins to install, it gives me an error stating that "An error occurred while installing Adobe AIR. Installation may not be allowed by your administrator. Please contact your administrator."

Thing is, I am the administrator as this is the only account on my laptop.

I've tried looking for answers in previous discussions, but they were all unable to fix this issue. There is no uninstaller in the /applications/utilities directory (probably because AIR was never installed in the first place?), so I'm unsure of what to do next...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Adobe Air refuses to install OS X 10.6
          neh@adobe Level 3

Can you provide the contents of your log file? You can locate it using the following steps:

1. Open the console application (/Applications/Utilities/Console).
          2. Choose system.log from the Log List.

Note: You can also find the file /private/var/log/system.log

• 2. Re: Adobe Air refuses to install OS X 10.6
            Reinxcore Level 1
            /Volumes/Adobe AIR/Adobe AIR Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe AIR Installer[91519]: UI initialized
            /Volumes/Adobe AIR/Adobe AIR Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe AIR Installer[91519]: starting user confirmation
            /Volumes/Adobe AIR/Adobe AIR Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe AIR Installer[91519]: Version of this installer: 2.0.2.12610
            /Volumes/Adobe AIR/Adobe AIR Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe AIR Installer[91519]: Installation type: new
            [0x0-0xa5f25e8].com.adobe.air.Installer[91519]: objc[91519]: Class WKAppKitDrawDecoyWindow is implemented in both /System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/WebKit and /Volumes/Adobe AIR/Adobe AIR Installer.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/WebKit.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

I hope this is what you're looking for...

Again, thanks.

EDIT: I just got it to install. I was fixing a bad uninstallation of a program and after everything was set and done, AIR installed perfectly fine.

Thanks for the help, though!