9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2010 6:04 AM by ErnieFrontier

Help with Elements 3.0

ErnieFrontier

Hi,

I have just started using PE 3 again after some time.  I am trying to export a video as a Flash Movie for Web but the dialog box is telling me 'No Writer Found'.  When I originaly started using it I was able to export as Flash.

Is there anywhere I can download a plugin so I can export my film as a flash movie?

Thanks in advance for any help

Tom

• 1. Re: Help with Elements 3.0
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It's hard to say without knowing your operating system and computer specs.

But go to Windows Update manually and download even the non-critical updates. Then go to Apple.com and install the latest version of Quicktime.

I'm assuming you've already downloaded the version 3.02 patch for your software.

You may also want to update these:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/

If all of that doesn't help, you may need to uninstall and reinstall the software. But it's more likely just an update you missed.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Help with Elements 3.0
            ErnieFrontier Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for the response!

Sorry should have posted sys specs:

Core 2 6320

2GB RAM

XP SP3

PE 3.02

(not the greatest but its a work PC)

I have tried to run windows update but the Network Admin will not let me :'(  I have also run the Premier Elements updater and am told that there are no futher updates.

I have also installed Flash and Shockwave from the two links you have provided.

Unfortunately none of this has enabled me to export as a Flash Movie, I still get the message 'No Writer found'

Thanks again for the help!!

Ernie

• 3. Re: Help with Elements 3.0

>I have tried to run windows update but the Network Admin will not let me

This is not good. Does this mean you're not able to run Premiere Elements as an Administrator?

Have you updated Quicktime from Apple.com?

If you've done all this still can't get it to go, you may want to post to the Community forum at http://Muvipix.com. The experts there can often come up with solutions I've missed.

But running this program on a network and not having administrative privileges might well be at the root of the problem. It could be that the program is not able to activate the Flash output because of it.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Help with Elements 3.0
                ErnieFrontier Level 1

Hi,

When you mention 'Activate the Flash Output' do you mean I have to enter a code into the Adobe website and the copy another code back into Elements? If so it will let activate the other export options by doing the steps mentioned above (ipod, PSP ect)

Thanks

• 5. Re: Help with Elements 3.0

Sorry, I don't know.

As I said, you may want to check with the folks at Muvipix. Otherwise, you'll likely need to contact Adobe Tech Support.

• 6. Re: Help with Elements 3.0
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

I cannot address PrE 3, but in PrE 4, the "activation" of the various modules, like MPEG, Flash and others, was done automatically, when one first runs that module. It is my understanding, that at one time, one had to manually activate each of these modules (both Import & Export), but I do not know when things went "auto."

Do you have an Internet connection on this computer? That would be necessary for any form of activation. Basically, Adobe licenses these modules from other companies, and pays a royalty, when the module is activated. An example is the MPEG CODEC from MainConcept. When the user activates that, Adobe basically sends a check to MainConcept. Not sure exactly which modules in PrE need any form of activation, but perhaps others have a list.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 7. Re: Help with Elements 3.0
                      ErnieFrontier Level 1

Yes I do have an internet connection and have gone online to activate other modules.  PrE gives you a code that I entered on the Adobe website and then had to enter another code back into PrE.  I am able to activate any module except Flash

• 8. Re: Help with Elements 3.0
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

So, every module has now been Activated, except for Flash. Is that correct? Do you have the latest Flash Player installed? There was a new on about Friday, June 25, 2010.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 9. Re: Help with Elements 3.0
                          ErnieFrontier Level 1

Thanks for the reply

Yes every module except Flash has been activated and yes i have downloaded the latest version of Flash