8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2011 6:38 AM by Bm0

Acrobat 9 will not open PDF from network

Bm0

My computer has recently been upgraded to Windows 7, and Adobe Acrobat 9 (version 9.3.2).

Since the upgrade I have not been able to open PDFs from my office network.

Instead I'm forced to copy each PDF from the network onto my computer's harddrive inorder to view it.

When attempting to open a PDF from the network, I received the following error:  "There was an error opening this document.  This file cannot be found."

I have no problem opening AutoCAD, Word or Excel files from the network, which suggests it is not a connectivity issue.

Additionally, if I open Acrobat, and goto File>Open  the network drives do not appear in the browser.

I have created a shortcut on my desktop leading to a folder located on the network drive.  When attempting to follow this shortcut using the File>Open browser, I get the following error:

"G:\(path) refers to a location that is unavailable.  It could be on a hard drive on this computer, or on a network.  Check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted, or that you are connected to the Internet or your network, and then try again.  If it still cannot be located, the information might have been moved to a different location."

A co-worker, whose computer was upgraded at the same time as mine, with identical hardware, windows 7 and acrobat 9, is able to view PDFs from the network, without problem.

This leads me to believe that it is a setting in either Acrobat or Windows 7 that prevents Acrobat from recognizing the network.  

I am also able to open web-based PDFs using Internet Explorer without any problem.

If someone can offer some advice, it would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

Brandon