1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 23, 2010 6:20 PM by charles_newman-V6Q5sa

CuePointSample Throws VerifyError #1053: Illegal override of removeValue in TimelineMetadata

Brian Russel Davis

So I download the OSMF framework, installed the CuePointSample in Flash Builder 4 -- ( made sure my OSMF.swc is in my build path ... made sure the org.osmf.containers.MediaContainer is in the right place *by the way that wasn't automatically apparent* ) -- Run the sample then BOOM:

VerifyError: Error #1053: Illegal override of removeValue in org.osmf.metadata.TimelineMetadata.

at flash.display::MovieClip/nextFrame()
          at mx.managers::SystemManager/deferredNextFrame()[E:\dev\4.0.0\frameworks\projects\framework \src\mx\managers\SystemManager.as:267]
          at mx.managers::SystemManager/preloader_preloaderDocFrameReadyHandler()[E:\dev\4.0.0\framewo rks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\SystemManager.as:2460]
          at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
          at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
          at mx.preloaders::Preloader/timerHandler()[E:\dev\4.0.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx \preloaders\Preloader.as:488]
          at flash.utils::Timer/_timerDispatch()
          at flash.utils::Timer/tick()

And well that is not very nice or self-explanatory.  I can't get into the source for the OSMF because it is a .swc and there is not way to fix this illegal override.  So what the heck -- did this thing ship with a big fat bug in one of the samples or am I missing something here? Screen shot of the directory structure included below.