• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFDOCUMENTITEM HEADER

Aug 21, 2007 Aug 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am using the CFDOCUMENT to create the traditional "print this page" method from informational page of services. I am using this tag since CF7 and I would say that I am use to it. since I am now using CF8, it seems that the tag change a bit. I am not talking about the new features we can use with this tag (such as CFDOCUMENTSECTION) but when I am using the CFDOCUMENTITEM to create my "header", the font and the image are not show up as I asked. for an example, I asked to display a text in the font-size 10pt while I display a text in the footer with the font-size 8pt; the text from the footer is much bigger than the text in the header! As for the logo of the company, it has 176 X 117 pixels but it appears on the screen like a 50 X 30 pixels.

Is it something that I miss how to use this are of a CFDOCUMENT? And more important for me, Am I the only one who got this problem?

Thank you for any assistance!

And here some code for the one of you who would like to see the details:

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 21, 2007 Aug 21, 2007
It looks like your header content needs more space than the default top margin space because of which it tries to scale it down to fit in this space. In cf7, it does not scale it down and simply prints it on top of the main page which leads to the chopping of the data in page. CF8 fixes that and hence it has to scale down the header/footer content to fit it in the top/bottom margin specified.
Please try out adjusting your margintop attribute and it should work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2007 Aug 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like your header content needs more space than the default top margin space because of which it tries to scale it down to fit in this space. In cf7, it does not scale it down and simply prints it on top of the main page which leads to the chopping of the data in page. CF8 fixes that and hence it has to scale down the header/footer content to fit it in the top/bottom margin specified.
Please try out adjusting your margintop attribute and it should work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is many years later, but thank you! I was having issues where I set the font-size:12pt !important; to the cfdocumentitem type="header" and cfdocumentitem type="footer", yet the footer was ALWAYS scaled to smaller amount! I thought it may have been something to do with orientation or the footer always scaling. I was brought in to support dozens of reports to PDF and was using a global header/footer for all the documents to share. Yet on some PDFs, the footer was scaled much smaller.ScaledFooter.JPG

Changing the marginTop and marginBottom to the same amount, the scale now matches!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In further testing, when the marginTop or marginBottom is change to below "0.5", then the scaling starts to occur. I can have different margins above 0.5 and the text stays the same size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 17, 2007 Sep 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you rupesh_kumar, I put margintop at 2 (for 2 inches) to the tag CFDOCUMENT and it "enlarged' the area and let me have the logo of the company appear with a more normal size.

;-))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation