10 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2010 6:00 PM by Miraage

can't install air

Miraage

I'm having the same problem as others here.

Windows 7 64 bit

can't get AIR to work with other programs, such as MArket Samural and Tweetdeck.

All was working OK until I upgraded AIR now, I get error messages from all programs that use AIR.

It's TOO frustrating.

Can anyone help please?

I just can't seem to uninstall it properly even using the -uninstall.

I've emailed support for the other programs but the fault is with AIR.

Thanks

Shirley

• 1. Re: can't install air
          chris.campbell Adobe Employee

Hi Shirley,

I'm sorry you're running into problems with your AIR installation.  Have you tried some of the solutions that are mentioned in this post?  When you installed the new AIR2 runtime, did the installer complete successfully?  Finally, what error message are you getting when you try to run your AIR applications?

Thanks,

Chris

• 2. Re: can't install air
            Miraage Level 1

Hi Chris,

I've tried all the solutions I've found on this forum.

Here's the latest message:

The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author.

AIr seems to be installed and now Tweet deck in working but Market Samurai just hangs.

When I uninstall and reinstall Market Samurai, it completes but then just shows a blank screen.

Hope you can help,

Thanks,

Shirley

• 3. Re: can't install air

This particular error sounds like it might be an issue with an application made using a beta version of the AIR SDK.  However, I just went and downloaded Market Samurai and it installed and ran fine on my Windows 7 machine.  Could you post the latest failed install section in your AIR install log file (or just attach the log file)?

On Windows you'll find it at: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Adobe\AIR\logs

Chris

• 4. Re: can't install air
                Miraage Level 1

Hi Chris,

Wow, thanks so much for trying to help, I've been pulling my hair out over this.

I've attached the latest log.

Tweetdeck now works OK, I tried downloading this cuckoo clock but this won't work either, with this message:

'Sorry, an error has occurred. The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author.'

MArket Samurai opens, lets me put in my serial number and then just sits there doing nothing.

I'm also in contact with Market Samurai, ( which has always worked perfectly well for me) and they think its a problem with AIR.

Hope you can help,

Thanks,

Shirley

• 5. Re: can't install air

Hi Shirley,

Thanks for the update.  Do you have a link to the broken cuckoo clock installer?  I can give that a try and let you know if it is indeed an out of data beta issue.

As for Market Samurai, please don't hesitate to send them here for info/questions.  I got to the same place as you, but I didn't try to log in.  I was just verifying that the installer worked and the application launched.

Chris

• 6. Re: can't install air
                    Miraage Level 1

Hi Chris,

I've got everything working now but I had to uninstall AIR 2 and reinstall version 1, I'm scared now to let AIR update/upgrade in case I go back to square 1 again.

Here's the link for the cuckoo clock:

https://shop.bmwgroup.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Store-MINIShop-Site/en_GB/-/EUR/De eplink-Start?MM=EPRORFADBWGT&pageid=ccw&promoid=EEMFB

and here's the error message:

The application could not be installed because the AIR file is damaged. Try obtaining a new AIR file from the application author.

Thanks, Shirley

• 7. Re: can't install air

I tried running the installer for the clock with AIR 1.5.3 and got the same error message.  I took a look at the log and saw an "invalid package signature" error had occurred.  From there I inspected the signature file and it appears their certificate has expired, which will cause the installer to fail:

Validity: [From: Sun May 04 17:00:00 PDT 2008,
                                     To: Wed May 05 16:59:59 PDT 2010]

Once I set my computer's date back to May 1st, 2010, the installer worked and the application launched with AIR 2.0.2.  Once launched, the application told me there was an updated version, so it's possible there's a new link available that fixes their expired certificate.

Chris

• 8. Re: can't install air
                        Miraage Level 1

Hi Chris,

Thanks for testing that out, I'm not really worried about that one , I just hoped that it would help me work out why Market Samurai doesn't work for me with AIR 2.

Should I try something similar with Market Samurai? Apparently, it's much faster with AIR 2 and has more features.

Thanks,

SHirley

• 9. Re: can't install air

I'm not sure what could be going wrong with Market Samurai, I don't believe the installer is at fault since the application installs and launches.  It will be difficult to troubleshoot further without source code or specific information on the type of failure.

Chris

• 10. Re: can't install air
                            Miraage Level 1

Hi Chris,

I've had a message from MArket Samurai saying that I should use the old AIr version until all the bugs are fixed in AIR 2, so I guess I'll be waiting just for now.

Thanks for your help,

Shirley