3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2010 7:51 AM by the_wine_snob

How to get Premiere Pro CS5 to playback video

onemanmedia

I have followed all the solutions about deleting the preference file...com.apple.audio...  Logged in as a root user but I still cannot get Premiere Pro to play any video with audio or no audio...or audio files...it will not play anything...the project has been working great on my iMac, but I cannot use it on my late 2009 Macbook Pro 17inch...with 4 gb of ram...what should I do?

Thanks in advance for any help you may have.

• 1. Re: How to get Premiere Pro CS5 to playback video
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Can you please give us more info?

This ARTICLE will give you tips on what would be so helpful to help you. Note: some of the utilities might be PC-only.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: How to get Premiere Pro CS5 to playback video
            onemanmedia Level 1

Sure thing...I am editing a project on my laptop..Premiere has been running great on my iMac...however, it will not play anything on my MacBook Pro...it will play about a second and then stop...then return to the playheads original position...it does this on every type of media.  I have searched and searched and tried everything suggestion I have come across..which involves in deleting the com.apple.audio preference, and logging in as the root user...however, nothing is working.  I have created a new project and still get the same outcome...I have a new MacBook Pro so it should not have a problem playing the media...especially a simple aif file.

• 3. Re: How to get Premiere Pro CS5 to playback video
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Just as an example, can you layout a typical Project/Sequence with the full data, and then an example Asset, again with full details?

Not knowing Mac's, I would be helped with info such as processor/CPU speed and core-count, and also the I/O sub-system, i.e. number, size, speed, controller type and how allocated for your HDD's.

Thanks for letting us know the steps that you have tried, as those can now be ruled out as possibilities.

Good luck,

Hunt