Understand that this error has been reported, but i have tried all the solutions, however no luck.
Browser : IE6
Adobe Reader Version: 8.1.4
When the user trying to open a document from a website, encounters error message: There was an error opening this documents. This file cannot be found
Resolution had tried but Not Working:
1. Reinstall Adobe Reader 8.1.4
2. Change setting on Adobe Reader "Display PDF in Browser"
3. Clearing Cache
4. Go to Internet Options --> Advance --> Security, make sure "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" is uncheck
5. User has right to access "Tempoary Folder's path"
6. Upgrade to Adobe Reader 9
7. Make sure "Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper" plug in is enabled.
8. Go to Internet Options --> Advance --> Security, make sure SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0 and TLS 1.0 are checked
1. This error only happens on certain users. For example, she unable to retrieve the PDF on her workstation but she ables to retrieve it from another workstation with IE6 and Adobe 8.1.4.
2. User doesn't have problem on opening PDF from email
3. User doesn't have problem on opening PDF from local drive.
4. The PDF is embeded into the browser, hence there is no link for me to save the PDF to local drive.
Appreciate your assistance asap because the issue has persist more than a month.
Many thanks in advance.