5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2010 3:58 PM by the_wine_snob

ruler

thcat

cs5

after a month working great the auto crop stopped working

have I tweaked something

• 1. Re: ruler
          the_wine_snob Level 9

When you say Auto Crop, do you mean Scale to Frame? If so, then you just need to go to Edit>Preferences>General (unless CS5 moved it), and check Default Scale to Frame Size.

If you mean something else, please give us a few more details, such as what used to happen, and what happens now.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: ruler
            Harm Millaard Level 7

Care to explain the ruler and auto crop? I have no idea what you are talking about/

• 3. Re: ruler
              thcat Level 1

Thanks for taking the time

In CS5 Adobe introduced a straighten tab which will straighten a horizon.

It's a new flick on the rorate canvas >arbitrary that we used to rotate an

image a fixed amount. The straighten tab now rotates the image and removes

all the stray background. If you hold down the alt key when you use the

straighten tab it stops the crop from taking place. It worked fine when I

loaded CS5 then just stopped cropping for some reason. I'm sure I have

tweaked something in my ignorance I can't find any information on how I may

have disabled the crop (if I have). It's no big deal I can still crop the

image manually just annoying

will

• 4. Re: ruler
                thcat Level 1

Thanks for taking the time

In CS5 Adobe introduced a straighten tab which will straighten a horizon.

It's a new flick on the rorate canvas >arbitrary that we used to rotate an

image a fixed amount. The straighten tab now rotates the image and removes

all the stray background. If you hold down the alt key when you use the

straighten tab it stops the crop from taking place. It worked fine when I

loaded CS5 then just stopped cropping for some reason. I'm sure I have

tweaked something in my ignorance I can't find any information on how I may

have disabled the crop (if I have). It's no big deal I can still crop the

image manually just annoying

will

• 5. Re: ruler
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Are you talking about PS CS5, or Premiere Pro CS5? For Photoshop, you want THIS FORUM. PS has the Ruler (Ctrl+R) and Straighten both in Layers and Crop Tool.

Are these still images, or Video?

Good luck,

Hunt