5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2010 6:08 AM by pguerett

Solution needed

PagesOfJoy Level 1

I am developing an application in Adobe LiveCycle ES2 in which a user will submitt certain forms to the authority and the authority will check the particular forms and will approve or decline it according to certain rules and conditions.Since the process contains more than one forms i have got a confusion whether i have to define sepearte process for each form to get submitted or can i use all the forms in the single process itself.please help me to find out the solution for this.

• 1. Re: Solution needed
          pguerett Level 6

I would suggest that you use a separate form (like a routing slip) as the main form and have your forms that need approval as attachments to that task or in the form (that is up to you). That way you can have as many forms as you wish for approval.

Paul

• 2. Re: Solution needed
            PagesOfJoy Level 1

But in my application first

ly user will submitt one form and according to the reply from the approver he has to submitt another form.Like that user is sending forms according to approvers reply.Can u sugest a method to handle this process flow.

• 3. Re: Solution needed
              pguerett Level 6

If they are only sending/approving one form at a time you can change the form that is displayed at each step if you wish. Does the data that is being collected on the form need to be merged with the new form as well?

Paul

• 4. Re: Solution needed
                PagesOfJoy Level 1

My application consists of mainly two stages .ie.Firstly the user will submitt one form through email (process will be be initiated through email) and this form will get rendered in the approvers workspace .According to the data submitted by the user the approver will approve or decline the form.According to the reply the user will submitt another form to the approver.So these forms contains or does not contains feilds which are present in the first form.Some forms are entirely different and some forms contains data that should be bound to the other forms.Since i am using the set value property to assign the form which is coming from email submission,how can i assign different forms in the set value property in the same process.

• 5. Re: Solution needed
                  pguerett Level 6

You don't assign forms in the setValue ...it is used to manipulate data. the form assignment happens in the User Task under the Action Profile. In there you can choose an asset (a form in the application) and the data to merge on that template.

You might find it easier if you had a schema definition that had all of the fields from both forms....that way you woudl only have one data file to deal with.

paul