7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2010 4:58 PM by chris.campbell

Help! - AIR 2.0.2 FULL_SCREEN_INTERACTIVE Lag

0Slacey

I've run into a critical issue with an AIR project I'm working on that requires the use of StageDisplayState.FULL_SCREEN_INTERACTIVE.

A little background information on the project, it is an application designed for a touch screen kiosk, the target user will be children in pre-school or day care centers.  The project started development on AIR 1.5; An issue with the print dialog box going behind the application when it lost focus required us to switch to AIR 2.0 which had the ability to bypass the print dialog box.  Now we are discovering that the use of StageDisplayState.FULL_SCREEN_INTERACTIVE is causing a considerable ammount of lag on any kind of MouseEvent or KeyboardEvent.  We have tried to publish the application in 1.5 but when ran on a computer with AIR 2.0.2 installed it still has lag.

Setting the stage display state to normal makes the application work perfectly but because this is designed for children we need this to run in full screen.  The application also works perfectly in FULL_SCREEN_INTERACTIVE in the debug player when tested inside Flash.

The application is set to go into FULL_SCREEN_INTERACTIVE when a MouseEvent.MOUSE_DOWN event is dispatched from the stage.  Here is the code I'm using:

if(stage.displayState != StageDisplayState.FULL_SCREEN_INTERACTIVE)

{
           stage.displayState = StageDisplayState.FULL_SCREEN_INTERACTIVE;

}

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott