1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 24, 2010 9:20 AM by bogiesan-gyyClL

A Vertical Carousel

thanser Level 1

I have to rotate four images in space, vertically.  We've seen it done horizontally in Flash and AE but I need to do this relatively easily.  Images move top to bottom, front to back in a circular motion.  DOF blur isn't really necessary.

I don't see any presets available at this time, but is an expression necessary or the only way?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: A Vertical Carousel
          bogiesan-gyyClL Level 3

> We've seen it done horizontally in Flash and AE but I need to do this relatively easily.,

3d motion effects that include orientation require an expression or the ability to orient toward camera and that may not be what you want if there is a primary camera in the main comp. You open a precomp, place a null in the center of a 3D space, parent the four objects to the null, extend their anchor points to position them at the circumference of your carousel, rotate the null. Easy. Then you start experimenting with expressions and researching expressions.It's not that hard.

The only way to do this "relatively esily" is to hire someone to do it for you.

bogiesan

1 person found this helpful