• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Number shortcut key

Contributor ,
Jun 23, 2010 Jun 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In both C3 and C4, when I prompt the user to enter a number. and I want that numerical entry to trigger navigation to the next slide, I get very glitchy results.  Even when I select "Include Numeric Keypad keys", Captivate doesn't always recognize NumPad input.

I think I figured out that Captivate is not recognizing that NumLock is on.  So let's say you prompt the user to enter 3 and you want Captivate to navigate to the next slide.  Solution:  Set one object (usually text entry box or click box) with 3 as a shortcut key (with or without selecting "Include Numeric Keypad keys").  Then add a second object (click box?) and set the shortcut key to PageDown, since PageDown is the function of keypad 3 when NumLock is turned off.  So far it's working.  Captivate goes to the next slide if the user presses the keyboard key 3 or the NumPad key 3 (with NumLock enabled!).  The only hiccup is if you want the user to enter 5.

Note: Make sure only one of the objects is set to pause.

Has anyone else found that this works?  --Leslie

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Just wondering where the "Include Numeric Keypad keys" option is in captivate?  I'm on Captivate 8 and want to see if maybe I haven't put this setting on.

I'm currently have issues with the numpad not working (but keys at the top do): Top Number Row Works but Not Number pad / Numpad in Cap 8?

Nicole

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what version changed it, but note that this thread is really old (June 23, 2010) and it's referring to Captivate versions 3 and 4 and you are using version 8. There is no longer any option for what you are asking.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rick - can you tell I'm just about willing to try anything here?!

N

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources