5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2007 11:30 PM by Newsgroup_User

Insert Shopping Carts

JosieJo4321
      I need to insert a shopping cart into my site (Paypals) and it's not showing up. I insert the script and a box comes up saying it won't be visible. Nothing shows up on the website. How do I do this correctly so the shopping cart script I'm adding is visible and works. It's server-side script. Please help. The last time I bought Dreamweaver it was a very different (and simpler) program.
        • 1. Re: Insert Shopping Carts
          jithus Level 1
          quote:

Originally posted by: JosieJo4321
          I need to insert a shopping cart into my site (Paypals) and it's not showing up. I insert the script and a box comes up saying it won't be visible. Nothing shows up on the website. How do I do this correctly so the shopping cart script I'm adding is visible and works. It's server-side script. Please help. The last time I bought Dreamweaver it was a very different (and simpler) program.

• 2. Re: Insert Shopping Carts
            JosieJo4321 Level 1
            Is this a joke? Copying my question is not a reply. I need someone to please ANSWER the question. How do I add my shopping cart? I have the script to insert, but it doesn't work the same way previous versions of Dreamweaver did. I need to add my shopping cart and have it visible. Please advise.

• 3. Re: Insert Shopping Carts
              Level 7
              What script are you talking about actually? Isn't it supposed to be some
              html code that you insert where you want your paypal buttons to be seen?

Are you copying and pasting the code given you into the actual code view of
              Dreamweaver? Sorry, may be obvious question but unless we have more
              specifics, no one can really help you.

--
              Nadia
              Adobe® Community Expert : Dreamweaver
              ----------------------------------------
              CSS Templates |Tutorials |SEO Articles
              http://www.DreamweaverResources.com
              ~ Customisation Service Available ~
              http://www.csstemplates.com.au
              ----------------------------------------------------
              Spry Widget Examples
              http://www.dreamweaverresources.com/spry-widgets/

"JosieJo4321" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:fagbf2$l7o$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > Is this a joke? Copying my question is not a reply. I need someone to
              > please
              > ANSWER the question. How do I add my shopping cart? I have the script to
              > insert, but it doesn't work the same way previous versions of Dreamweaver
              > did.
              > I need to add my shopping cart and have it visible. Please advise.
              >
              >
              >
              >

• 4. Re: Insert Shopping Carts
                JosieJo4321 Level 1
                Paypal writes the code for their shopping carts and add to cart buttons. In my ancient version of Dreamweaver, I used to insert a layer, insert script and then set the property to server side. Done. I never had any problem using it or seeing it on my website. (I did test the cart with my old Dreamweaver and it works perfectly)

In the design view, I put my cursor where I wanted the button to appear and selected insert HMTL – script, and pasted the code into the box. When I click okay, a warning comes up that it won’t be visible unless I go to visible elements and click invisible elements. Bottom line, the HMTL shows up in the code view, but nothing happens in design view or when I try to preview the page.

I’m obviously missing something and I;m really frustrated, I don’t even see a tutorial on that. Hope you can help. Thanks in advance.

• 5. Re: Insert Shopping Carts
                  Level 7
                  Are you using one of the standard paypal generated buttons? If so, you
                  probably can't see the button in design view, because the generated buttons
                  use a direct paypal link no?

When you preview the page in a browser (F12), do you see a button or a
                  blank box? Are you using temp files for viewing the page in the browser.

What happens if you create a 'dummy' page and then upload this page to the
                  server - do you see the buttons once you click on the live link to that
                  page?

Maybe you can provide a link to the page you are having problems with, if
                  none of the above applies.

--
                  Nadia
                  Adobe® Community Expert : Dreamweaver
                  ----------------------------------------
                  CSS Templates |Tutorials |SEO Articles
                  http://www.DreamweaverResources.com
                  ~ Customisation Service Available ~
                  http://www.csstemplates.com.au
                  Spry Widget Examples
                  http://www.dreamweaverresources.com/spry-widgets/

"JosieJo4321" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                  news:fagkkn$1an$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                  > Paypal writes the code for their shopping carts and add to cart buttons.
                  > In my
                  > ancient version of Dreamweaver, I used to insert a layer, insert script
                  > and
                  > then set the property to server side. Done. I never had any problem
                  > using it
                  > or seeing it on my website. (I did test the cart with my old Dreamweaver
                  > and
                  > it works perfectly)
                  >
                  > In the design view, I put my cursor where I wanted the button to appear
                  > and
                  > selected insert HMTL ? script, and pasted the code into the box. When I
                  > click
                  > okay, a warning comes up that it won?t be visible unless I go to visible
                  > elements and click invisible elements. Bottom line, the HMTL shows up in
                  > the
                  > code view, but nothing happens in design view or when I try to preview the
                  > page.
                  >
                  > I?m obviously missing something and I;m really frustrated, I don?t even
                  > see a
                  > tutorial on that. Hope you can help. Thanks in advance.
                  >
                  >
                  >