3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2010 8:16 AM by Tai Lao

PSE 5.0 Windows/Olympus E-3

Bill Nnn

I shot some great photos in RAW in my E-3, and the plug-in I tried will not open a .orf extension photo to edit it. (The Olympus software requires using their organizer function, which is dreadful--so I'd rather focus on using PSE.) What do I need to do to open and edit these RAW shots? This is my first time shooting in RAW, and I hope that it's not my last. The PSE websites all indicate that PSE 5.0 for Windows will open RAW files from an Olympus E-3, but I've tried now for two nights downloading plug-ins and it's just not working. Please, help!!

Thanks,

Bill

• 1. Re: PSE 5.0 Windows/Olympus E-3
          John Joslin Level 6

What version of the ACR plug-in do you have? You need version 4.3 or later.

If Elements 5.0 doesn't take this (I don't know) you'll have to use the DNG converter.

• 2. Re: PSE 5.0 Windows/Olympus E-3
            Bill Nnn Level 1

Does the DNG converter keep the same integrity within PSE as the plug-in would? (I'm new to this, as is plainly and painfully obvious.) I'm looking to assure no "loss" or compression of information.

Thanks for your reply, and I'm sorry you're up so late...

Bill

• 3. Re: PSE 5.0 Windows/Olympus E-3
              Level 4

Bill Nnn wrote:

Does the DNG converter keep the same integrity within PSE as the plug-in would?

Not quite sure what you mean.

The Adobe DNG Converter is a stand-alone application.  It has nothing to do with PSE or any other program.

You run it independently of PSE in order to convert your raw files to raw DNGs, which you can then open in ACR hosted by PSE.

Always use the latest version of the DNG Converter, currently 6.1 I think, as it doesn't have to match your version of the Camera Raw plug-in.

Wo Tai Lao Le

我太老了