2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2010 8:30 AM by Chris Hurtt

Simple way to force Web Gallery refresh inside LR?

Chris Hurtt

Hi there,

I'm working on a LUA Web Gallery that creates everything for an existing Flash gallery. I've got it pretty much working the way it should apart from the update inside LR.

I do not know Flash and such, so I'm not delving into having it use live_update.js or an iconic_preview to alter on the fly. That's all beyond me. However I would like it to do a hard complete refresh when the user changes something.

The current behavior I get: after starting LR and first loading the web gallery, it previews inside LR perfectly. I change a value and the LR preview goes blank. I can however hit Previewe in Browser and get the changed gallery. Changing to a different gallery layout and back also does not do a full refresh.

Is there a simpler way to force a compete refresh of the gallery preview inside LR? Ideally it would be part of the gallery code, but even if it's manual that's fine.

Please let me know if you need more information, any help is great. Thanks.

Chris

• 1. Re: Simple way to force Web Gallery refresh inside LR?
          Chris Hurtt Level 1

"Changing to a different gallery layout and back also does not do a full  refresh."

Correction: This seems to be working on and off for me.

Chris

• 2. Re: Simple way to force Web Gallery refresh inside LR?
            Chris Hurtt Level 1

Ok, so here's an update in hopes of some wise soul rescuing me:

I've written the Web Gallery two different ways. Both use LUA for the galleryInfo.lrweb and manifest.lrweb. However one is galleryType=LUA while the ither is galleryType="Flash" (using transformer.xlst, etc.).

Both types Export and Preview in Browser perfectly. So everything seems to be generating correctly.

The LUA gallery will preview on it's inital startup correctly inside LR. If you toggle the Image Info options (Title,Caption,etc.) it will do a correct refresh of the entire gallery in LR. Changing any other value of the images on the Filmstrip does not refresh correctly in LR. The Export will still be correct.

The FLASH gallery will not preview at all inside LR, and so of course does not update either. But it does Export correctly.

I tried to write a pure LUA web engine, since it has the most documentation in the LR 3.0 SDK, but can't get over the hump on having it refresh the entire gallery after any user input.

Looking at existing gallerys (including adobe's) there seems to be undocumented support for Flash specific gallerys, and these seem to have the correct refresh behavoir inside LR. That is, any user input will cause a full reload, or change on the Filmstrip. I've tried to ape the incuded postcard_viewer's Flash method, but it alludes me.

It seems so simple and I feel so close. Any ideas?

thanks,

C