3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2010 5:27 AM by Monika Gause

Tablet Customization HELP

SeanAndSuch Level 1

Greetings everyone.  I am hoping someone can help me with the following requests.

I have a Wacom Bamboo tablet and am using Illustrator CS4 on Windows 7 64-bit.

I would like to know if it is possible to limit the sensitivity to a certain number of choices.

Rather than having a 1,000 different pressures, have it recognize a much smaller number.

For example:

Set the pen so that it only recognizes 3 possible pressure points (light, medium, hard).

My goal is to set the lightest point to be a thin stroke with a light grey color, the medium point to be a thicker stroke with a darker grey color and the hardest point to be thickest, with a black stroke.

I don't know if that is possible.

Ideally what I would like to see is that the light grey stroke go to one layer automatically, the medium stroke go to a 2nd layer and the thickest stroke move to a 3rd layer.

This would allow me to turn off the lighest grey colored layer so in theory it would be like a "sketch" layer that I can turn on and off.

I know I am asking a lot and I know that this tablet isn't the fanciest so it's options may be limited.

I am hoping someone can help me accomplish this (or at least a portion of it).

Thanks in advance.