1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 12, 2010 12:28 PM by cjg55

Adobe Reader Plugins for Safari 5 on Snow Leopard

stcoff88

Our software uses Adobe Reader to open, edit, and save Pdf Forms.  Most of our customer base is on Windows but we now have some MAC users as well.  Everything works fine except using Safari 5 on Snow Leopard.  It appears as if the plug ins are not loading properly or at all when Reader 9 is installed.  When a user goes to open a PDF Form, nothing happens.

My personal Macbook which I have at the office, is Leopard with Safari 5 and when I download Reader 9, I can see the plugins in Safari and everthing works fine.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Adobe Reader Plugins for Safari 5 on Snow Leopard
          cjg55

On Snow Leopard 10.6, you need to run Safari in 32 bit mode to get the Adobe Reader Plugin to load and launch properly.

To do this,

1) exit Safari. 

2) in the Finder go to your Applications folder, select Safari and do File->Get Info

3) Check 'Open in 32-bit mode' in the General pane of that dialog

4) Relaunch Safari

5) Under the Safari Help->Installed Plug-ins you should now see the Adobe Reader plugin support.

I am able to get Safari to open forms inline in Reader this way.  I am not able to get the Adobe Forms with Adobe Javascript running in this mode.  Any insight on how this might be done would be helpful.  It does work in the Standalone Reader, but so far no luck enabling it in the Safari plugin.