4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2010 6:58 PM by angarrid

"Application is bound to side-by-side" problem

fertolg

Hello,

I have been working on an application for several months now. I started developing for Air 1.5 and when the 2.0 beta came out I downloaded the SDK and updated my application's namespace and it worked fine.

Now that the official 2.0 version is released and the "2.0beta2" namespace is not supported anymore my application wouldn't install, or even run when I installed the new AIR runtime.

I downloaded the updated SDK, replaced the old one (I'm using Flash CS4 to package and build the application), changed the namespace to "2.0" and re-exported my application.

It installed with no problems and I can run it perfectly on the computer I am developing from. However if I try to install the exact same .air file on any other machine (Windows or Mac) i get the classic: "The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged."

My .airappinstall.log reads:

UI SWF load is complete

UI initialized

Unpacking to C:\Users\ec\AppData\Local\Temp\fla3CFD.tmp

unpacking is complete

application is bound to side-by-side version null

Downloading a runtime update from http://airdownload.adobe.com/air/3/windows/x86/add/2.0beta2/update to C:\Users\ec\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\AIR\Updater\1.0

No update available

starting cleanup of temporary files

application installer exiting

Does anyone have any insight to this? Like I said, I am sure my application descriptor file has this namespace: <application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/2.0">

I am packaging and exporting the application from Flash CS4, and I did changed the SDK when the beta came out, but I overlay it with the new one already (before if wouldn't even let me export).

Thank you in advance.

• 1. Re: "Application is bound to side-by-side" problem
          fertolg Level 1

This is just an update, when I install the .air on the computer I'm developing, it installs with no problems like I said, and this is what it traces on the airappinstall.log:

Starting silent app install of file:///Volumes/Adobe%20Flash%20Professional%20CS5/Adobe%20Flash%20Professional%20CS5/pay loads/AdobeAMP1.8-mul/adobe_media_player.air

UI SWF load is complete

UI initialized

Unpackaging to /private/var/folders/zz/zzzivhrRnAmviuee+++++++++++/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp0

unpackaging is complete

application is bound to side-by-side version 1.0

application is bound to this version of the runtime

app id com.adobe.amp

pub id 4875E02D9FB21EE389F73B8D1702B320485DF8CE.1

Application located at /Applications

bad configuration for silent install or update

starting cleanup of temporary files

application installer exiting

why is "application is bound to this version of the runtime". Is there something I haven't done on the Flash CS4 folder?

Thank you.

• 2. Re: "Application is bound to side-by-side" problem
            fertolg Level 1

Anyone?

Do I need to export from Flash CS5 to get it to work? Or am I able to export AIR 2.0 applications from CS4 if I used the beta SDK in the past?

• 3. Re: "Application is bound to side-by-side" problem
              fertolg Level 1

Just an update. The application installs fine on any other machine that doesn't have an older version of my application.

In other words, when I try to run the DigitalWhiteboard.air on any machine where I have installed it previously (versions targeted for AIR 1.5) it fails. I'm going to try to delete the certificates from the ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AIR/ELS folder for my app and see if that solves the problem but I remember this happened with the Vimeo uploader app when Adobe launched AIR 1.5. I'm worried it'll keep happening to every update of the AIR platform.

Cheers.

• 4. Re: "Application is bound to side-by-side" problem
                angarrid Level 1

According to the log...  application seems to have a namespace of 2.0beta2.

Make sure that there is not a previous version of the application installed with a namespace of 2.0beta2.

Applications previously installed with this namespace will not be able to update and will give an error.