Check the folowing steps for XP PC
Close all adobe applications
Start the FlEXnet Licensing Service
Click on start - Run - type services.msc enter
It will open Services Windows - look for FLEXnet Licensing Service right click and go to properties .
Start up type should be automatic
Service status - started if not - click on " Start "
Apply then OK
Delete the preferences files, Flash creates new ones with default settings the next time you start Flash. To re-create the preferences files, delete the following items:
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\Flash CS4\ (delete)
Start the Program -
Tejodhar Atreya Uppaluru
try this also
1. Reset preferences:
To reset on Windows, delete:
- C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data Adobe\Flash CS4\
- To reset on Mac OS X, delete:
- /Users/username/Library/Preferences/Flash CS4 Preferences
- /Users/username/Library/Preferences/Flash 10 MRU
- /User/%username%/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Flash CS4/
- /Library/Application Support/Macromedia/FlashAuthor.cfg
2. Install the latest Flash update if available.
3. Install the latest version of Flash.
4. Install current Windows service packs and other updates.
5. Run Flash in a simplified mode (Windows). / Run Flash in safe mode (MAC OS - Refer to http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/404/kb404936.html)
Some applications or services may cause system errors or freezes when running concurrently with Flash. Services are specialized programs that perform functions to support other programs. Before starting Flash, disable other applications, including startup items (items that start automatically), and services.
To disable startup items and services, see "Disable startup items and services (Windows XP)" (TechNote kb404984).
To re-enable startup items and services:
1. Choose Start > Run, type msconfig, and click OK.
2. Choose Normal Startup on the General tab, click OK, and restart the computer.
Note: If unselected items were present on the Services or Startup tab, then you will need to unselect them again
6. Install Flash from the desktop.
7. Reinstall Flash in a simplified/safe (for MAC OS) mode.
8. Run Flash in a new user account.
9. Check for font problems.
10. Optimize handling of temporary files by Windows XP.
11. Set the virtual memory paging file to the default size.
12. Repair and defragment hard disks.
13. Scan the system for viruses.
14. Identify the file that causes the problem.
15. Install Adobe Flash CS4 on a different computer.