3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2010 7:20 PM by Hopsternew

Camera Calibration in ACR & DNG Profile Editor

MrTCraig

I am having the hardest time figuring out how to use the camera profiles  generated with DNG Profile Editor in Camera Raw.

I am using Photoshop CS4 in Windows 7. I have generated the .dcp file  with DNG Profile Editor and saved it in the folder: Program  Files/Adobe/Photoshop CS4/Presets/Camera Profiles.

This is about as far as I've gotten. I have not been able use this  profile in ACR under the Camera Calibration Tab. I have been lead to  believe that is would show up automatically. I have not found any video  tutorials related to ACR and installing Camera Profiles. They all seem  to relate to Lightroom.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Camera Calibration in ACR & DNG Profile Editor
          MirekE

Here is what I do:

1. Open DNG Profile Editor
          2. Open DNG file(s) with the checker picture
          3. Set the four corner marks
          4. Generate the profile
          5. Select File -> Export
          6. Generated dcp file gets saved in C:\Users\m\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles
          7. Done
          • 2. Re: Camera Calibration in ACR & DNG Profile Editor
            MrTCraig Level 1

I had several problems. One the AppData folder was hidden and instead of  exporting the .dcp file via DNG Profile Generator to your designated  location I just copied and pasted an earlier .dcp file I had created in  that location.

Thanks!

So now I need to figure out how to make it work on the iMac I use. The  only profile it has in Adobe Camera Raw is ACR 3.3. I will have to place  another post regarding that I think.

• 3. Re: Camera Calibration in ACR & DNG Profile Editor
              Hopsternew Level 1

The "m" in this case refers to a User account name that you have chosen.

I think that the location/s for the profiles can vary according to which Photoshop and/or Lightroom programs that you have installed.

It may also be influenced by whether you have had previous versions of the programs installed/uninstalled and in what order.

I'm not familiar with how the particular location that you have listed fits into the processes. I can tell you that there are no profiles at that location on my W7 64 PC with CS5 64 and LR2.7 64 installed and both displaying the custom profile options in use.

On my machine the only location for the custom profiles (except for backups) is

System (C:)\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles\Camera