8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2010 8:00 AM by the_wine_snob

Export error

mrbenz07

When I go to make a DVD I keep getting this export error, Error compiling movie. You do not have permission to create or delete the output file. Does anyone know what I need to do to solve this error.

• 1. Re: Export error
          nealeh Level 5

Most probably, as it suggests, is a permissions problem. Start PRE by right-clicking the shortcut and selecting 'Run as administrator' and see if that makes a difference. If you are you saving to a network drive that may introduce another layer of security.

If these suggestions don't work we will need a lot more information about your computer and clips - see this: Got a Problem? How to Get Started

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 2. Re: Export error
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If that doesn't it, you'll need to tell us more about your video project, what your source files are, etc.

The FAQs to the right of this forum include troubleshooting steps for DVD burns. If you'll post your results for each step IN AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE we may be able to diagnose your problem and recommend solutions.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/415318?tstart=0

• 3. Re: Export error
              the_wine_snob Level 9

One of the very important aspects will be your OS, and the security settings in place. Each version of Windows has different security modules and settings, so this is very important.

The use of anything network related is also very important.

I agree with Neale, that this is likely a security setting, but it could be at different levels, and in different places. The more that you can tell us, the easier it will be for someone to point you right to the cause, and offer methods for correcting that.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Export error
                mrbenz07 Level 1

I am running windows 7 and my free hard drive space is 55.9 GB, I am using MOD files import from a JVC camcorder. I am running as the administrator and when I try to burn to a dvd I get this error. I am not trying to save anything for networking. I dont have menus or tilte and the length is about 50 mins and I have used several different 4.37 DVD+R thagt are blank.

• 5. Re: Export error
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Thank you for the information.

What brand of blank media are you using?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: Export error
                    mrbenz07 Level 1

I have tried a sony, memorex and a office depot 4.7 dvd+R.

• 7. Re: Export error
                      Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Again, if you'll work through the troubleshooting steps I linked you to above and list your results IN AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE for each step, we'll be better able to help you with your specific issue.

Otherwise, all we can do is offer general advice.

Also, have you seen our FAQ on working with MOD files and are you using this work method?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/428054?tstart=0

• 8. Re: Export error
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

I do not know the Sony media, but the other two are about as bad as it gets. I strongly recommend either Verbatim, or Taiyo Yuden, for any video DVD burning. This ARTICLE goes into more detail.

Good luck,

Hunt