4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2010 7:17 AM by Florincugir

addEventListener

Florincugir

Hi,

I have one Flex application ("Host") calling another Flex application ("Called"); this operation is performed using SWFLoader module:

<mx:SWFLoader

id="ShipmentDetails" height="100%" width="100%" horizontalCenter="0" verticalCenter="0"

showBusyCursor=true" autoLoad="false" creationComplete="uploadFile=true; uploadSWF();" init="initHandler(event)"/>

The functions used are:

private function uploadSWF():void

{

if (uploadFile == true)

{

var url:Object = 'http://syyzas400/ShipmentInquiry/ShipmentDetails.swf';

ShipmentDetails.load(url);

}

}

private function initHandler(event:Event):void

{

event.currentTarget.content.addEventListener(FlexEvent.APPLICATION_COMPLETE, appComplete)

}

private function appComplete(event:Event):void

{

event.currentTarget.application.setParameter(userSession);

}

As you can see, I am trying to pass a parameter (userSession) to the called application (see appComplete function). The problem I have is that this parameter is passed too late; I think this is because the EventListener is listening for APPLICATION_COMPLETE event (see function initHandler). I tried to put any other events (INIT_COMPLETE, INITIALIZE, PREINITIALIZE, etc) but it looks nothing works, but APPLICATION_COMPLETE 

I actually need to have the parameter passed when the called application starts to run (based on this value I apply or not a blur effect on some components of the called application).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.