1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 29, 2010 6:27 AM by gallion311

Fresh Install, Now Illustrator won't open any DWG/DXF files???

gallion311 Level 1

Hey whats up guys, been having alot of issued with Illustrator (CS2) lately so I did a fresh reinstall.

Everything seemed to be in working order until I tried to open a 2000 DXF file and got the "Unknown format and cannot be opened" dialog.

I was sure that the CAD must be a 2004 or something so I expoted again and got the same issue. Then I looked a bit further and noticed that the File > Open menu doesn't even have an option for DXF/DWG.

What could've caused this feature to get stripped out of a new install? Is there any way to fix this?

Ryan

• 1. Re: Fresh Install, Now Illustrator won't open any DWG/DXF files???
          gallion311 Level 1

What's up guys, quick update on the situation.

After some more tinkering around I discovered that Illustrator couldn't even print any documents, as well as discovering some additional errors with the updates and Adobe Bridge.

So somewhere along the line my "Adobe Suite" got all screwed up, I was even starting to get random error messages in Photoshop.

In the end my solution was to uninstall Illustrator & Photoshop, then reinstall them both (PS first.)

That seemed to reinstall a few Shared componenets (like Bridge) which got everything up and running again...glad it worked, but go figure.

rg