2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2010 4:09 PM by Gregg Mack

How do I update a folder of DNGs to the new 2010 (Current) Raw Process?

Gregg Mack Level 1

Is there an efficient method to update an entire folder of DNG images to the newer RAW process in Camera Raw 6.1 - to "2010 (Current)"?

And as an added bonus, it would also be great to simultaneously update the Camera Profile - to "Adobe Standard".

I have lots of folders of DNGs that were processed in ACR 5.7 or Lightroom 2.7, and so they were processed in the older, 2003, process version.

I see that when I update a single DNG in Lightroom 3's Develop Module that I am asked if I want to update all of the photos shown in the Filmstrip at the bottom of the window.  This is very convenient!

My father does not yet have Lightroom 3, but does have Photoshop CS5 and ACR 6.1 installed and he wants an efficient method to do the same using those tools. We found that if we open the folder in Bridge, select all the DNG images, open the multiple images in Camera Raw, click on the "Select All" button in the upper left corner of the window, that we can then go to the Camera Calibration panel and make these two changes to all of the images simultaneously.

It seems like there should be some method of doing this from within Bridge. When we go to Edit -> Develop Settings -> Copy Camera Raw Settings and then select all of the other DNGs in the folder and go to Edit -> Develop Settings -> Paste Camera Raw Settings.... and choose only the Camera Calibration checkbox, that only one of the two settings actually gets changed; the Camera Profile setting does - the Process version does not.

• 1. Re: How do I update a folder of DNGs to the new 2010 (Current) Raw Process?
          Jeff Schewe Level 5

austinmirage wrote:

Is there an efficient method to update an entire folder of DNG images to the newer RAW process in Camera Raw 6.1 - to "2010 (Current)"?

And as an added bonus, it would also be great to simultaneously update the Camera Profile - to "Adobe Standard".

You CAN easily make a Camera Raw preset or use Copy/Paste develop settings to change a folder's worth of files to "Adobe Standard"...that's simple. However, currently the Process version is not captured in a preset not copy/paste settings...the only current method is to actually open images inside of Camera Raw, select all and change the Process version to what you want...note, even Sync won't sync the Process version...only select all and then change the setting.

It's hoped in the future this will be somehow addressed...it will require that the subsetting for Process version be a separate item in the Camera Calibration settings.

• 2. Re: How do I update a folder of DNGs to the new 2010 (Current) Raw Process?
            Gregg Mack Level 1

Thank you, Jeff.

We'll continue to open all of the DNGs into Camera Raw 6.1, click on "Select All", and make these two settings changes - and do all the DNGs at once.