2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2010 8:17 AM by the_wine_snob

Undo Sound changes from SoundBooth

CharlesPeterson Level 1

When editing sound in my project, I have edited the sound in SoundBooth, and did not like the changes that were made. How do I bring back the original audio back into the timeline. Help says to undo the changes, but what about when you exit and save Premiere and go back to it at a later time? Is there an easier way, the trying to edit the audio back in manually.

This has been a problem I have been wanting an answer to in CS4 and CS5.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

• 1. Re: Undo Sound changes from SoundBooth
          Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional

Save your audio changes in Sb as an ASND document.  From the Help Files for both CS4 and CS5:

Adobe Sound (.asnd)

ASND  format lets you readjust fades and effects, and store history snapshots that restore previous edits. This format also supports multitrack mixes, which let you combine multiple audio files and scores. Adobe Flash, Premiere Pro, and After Effects import ASND files, tightly integrating those applications with Soundbooth.

-Jeff

• 2. Re: Undo Sound changes from SoundBooth
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Charles,

If Edit in Soundbooth works like Edit in Audition does, the first thing that happens is that a PCM/WAV file is written, and will replace the Instance of your Audio on the Timeline (very important part), and this means that your original Audio stream, say from a muxed AV file, is still in your Project Panel. When the Edit in Audition is done, that replacement Incident is updated in the Timeline. Nothing is done to the original Audio stream, and one can easily delete that replacement WAV with the original Audio stream and then just start over.

Jeff's method looks like the easiest way to do things, as you do not need to go through the process of Deletion and replacement, so would be my workflow, but you should still have your original Audio stream, sitting in the Project Panel, without any SB, or Audition changes to it.

Good luck, and if Edit in SB differs for Edit in Audition, I hope that someone one will correct me.

Hunt