14 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2010 11:34 AM by Keano66

Does Premiere Pro CS5 mercury engine work with my imac 27 inch?

cool kell Level 1

I have a 27 inch imac that I bought 4 months ago.   Yesterday I upgraded my Creative Suite Production Premium CS4 to CS5.   It costs a lot more do to that when you live in Japan (about $300  more).  I installed it all and to my disappoinment I can't access PPro's  new mercury engine on 64 bit.  I read the specs and I thought my  computer is capable.  Can somebody please tell me if my specs are good?   imac is a total disappoinment in that they will not replace any  parts!!!   I have two very expensive items (imac 27 inch and Adobe  CS5).  Can I not utilize the mercury engine in P PRo?  I will be so sad  if that is the case.   I've called apple and they say they won't change  the graphic card or CPU if those are my problems. Which means I'll have  two great things, my new imac and new Adobe soft and I can't use them  together.

Anyways, here are my specs.  I hope someone can shed  some light on this matter for me.  I'm hoping I just don't have my PP settings right.  Thanks in advance!

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac11,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 8 MB

Memory: 16 GB

Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s

ATI Radeon HD 4850