6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2010 6:15 AM by djh88ukwb

Datagrid, refresh and filtering, need a bit of help

djh88ukwb Level 1

Hello all.

I have a datagrid.  This is populated on application creationComplete  using the following code

protected function application1_creationCompleteHandler():void           
                  {               
                      db_services.endpoint = "http://bleh/amfphp/gateway.php";               
                      db_services.source = "jobs";           
                      db_services.destination = "amfphp";           
                      db_services.getOperation("getYourJobs").send();
                  }

My datagrid is then pulling in the data from the array as follows

<mx:DataGrid  width="362" height="340" itemCreationPolicy="immediate"  includeIn="clientuser" x="1" y="30" dataProvider="{YourJobsArr}" id="CU_YourJobs">
                      <mx:columns>
                          <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="ID:" width="42" dataField="id"/>
                          <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Job Ref::" width="70"  dataField="jobref"/>
                          <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Company:"  dataField="companyname"/>
                          <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Position:"  dataField="position"/>
                      </mx:columns>
                  </mx:DataGrid>

There is a log in screen before the user gets to see this datagrid however, and depending on who they log in as, a filter is run across the data,  the filters is

YourJobsArr.filterFunction = GetYourCurrentJobs_filterFunc;
                          YourJobsArr.refresh();

This code is in the login success statement

protected function GetYourCurrentJobs_filterFunc(item:Object):Boolean
                  {
                      if (item.assignedrecruiter == LoadedID)               
                      {
                          return true    
                      }
                      else
                          return false;
                  }

This is the filter

Now this all works well, as i log in to different accounts they can see only the data they are supposed to.

However i have another state where the user can add data to the mysql database, that the data is comming from.

Now as they submit this button, i need to recall the AMFPHP script, to call the database and retreive all the informatio again, so that the added data is brought back.

I have done this by using this on my submit button

<s:Button x="88" y="200" label="Create Job" click="createNewJob(),application1_creationCompleteHandler();"/>

Now the only snag here is that all the data is brought back, it is unfiltered.

Can anyone suggest how i can then re-filter it again before its shown ?