1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 21, 2007 11:28 AM by ntsiii

CAN FLEX HELP ME SOLVE THESE?

roshankolar Level 1
      Hi,

We are using FLEX trail version tool and we need further clarifications on our requirements which are mentioned below, for evaluating the tool:

Req. #1: We have *.DIR movies and we want to have *.PNG images out of these movies. Is it possible to meet this requriement using FLEX tool ? Will, quality of derived *.PNG images be equal to that of original movie ?

Req. #2 : We want to display customized menu buttons in SWF movies. Is it possible to achieve this by FLEX tool? Can we also hide the menu buttons only than entire screen ?

Req. #3 We want to save, retrieve and delete files either from server or to local hard drives from a SWF movie. Is this tool provides support for this aspect too ? Do we need to do extra scripting to do this or complete functionality is available with respect to this ?

Req. #4 We would like to have facility or some means of accessing the controls displayed on SWF screen for reading / writing. Is this also supported by some means by this tool?

Req. #5 We want our SWF files processed with FLEX tool to be supported uniformly across all Versions of Windows Vista, XP and 2K and also on Mac. Is this possible with this tool ?

Req. #6 Lastly, the file size of FLEX is considerably larger than what we are expecting. Is there any chance of getting this reduced ?

We are waiting for early response in this regard.

Thank in advance.
      Regards,
      Roshan Kolar

• 1. Re: CAN FLEX HELP ME SOLVE THESE?
          ntsiii Level 3
          1) I don't understand this one
          2) Yes, yes
          3) Server, yes. Local drive, no. Unless you can use AIR
          4) Don't understand
          5) Subject to the Flash Player
          6) There are techniques to reduce, minimize the download footprint, but you will alwasy have the base framework size.

Tracy