4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2010 9:39 AM by the_wine_snob

another N00b question....

richardELeach Level 1

... sorry for these beginner questions! I searched the Adobe help and did a Google but no clear answer.....

I have several sequences in my project and would like to apply all of the effects that I applied to the first sequence to all of the other sequences in my project. Is there a setting somewhere that will do this for me?

Thanks in advance,

Rich

• 1. Re: another N00b question....
          smuratore

One way is to create a custom effects preset containing the effect parameters you used in your first sequence. Then apply that custom preset to the other sequences. See Create and save an effect preset.

• 2. Re: another N00b question....
            Colin Brougham Level 6

No, not other than good ol' copy and paste. Either select the effects in the Effects Control Panel and Edit > Copy (or use the requisite keyboard shortcut), then select the destination clips and Edit > Paste (or shortcut), or you can select a clip that has the effects you want, copy that, and then select the destination clips and go Edit > Paste Attributes.

Depending on the nature of your effects, you can also nest your original edit sequence into a new one, and apply the effect(s) to just the nested sequence. In this way, you're applying the effect(s) just once, so their easier to tweak or remove, if necessary.

• 3. Re: another N00b question....
              richardELeach Level 1

Perfect! Thanks, not sure why I didn't see it in my search results, stoopid internet =)

• 4. Re: another N00b question....
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Rich,

We are very fortunate to have Todd from Adobe around here now. He is the Adobe Help expert, and works hard to improve Help files. If you have a moment, please outline your search criteria, and what results you got. Could be as simple as a boolean error, but might be something that Todd would want to look into. On our parts, adding info like that is a bit more typing, but with Todd's eyes viewing, it might help others in the future.

Good luck, and thanks for taking the time to add a few more details, even though you have your answer.

Hunt

PS - don't tell Todd, but I am still a fan of books, and miss my Adobe printed manuals greatly. Still, I see the benefit of an evergreen, almost instantly updated electronic Help file. They just don't smell the same as my books...