1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 21, 2007 1:22 PM by BSpero

Need help with mulitiple mouse inputs

bsib1
      Working on a multi-user application where each user has his own mouse. Is it possible with Actionscript to tell which mouse the MouseEvent came from??

BrianS
        • 1. Need help with mulitiple mouse inputs
          BSpero Level 1
          Brian,
          I don't know of any way to do this, and have been trying to find the best way to do it for a while. Right now, my solution is to find a couple of serial mice, and use the serialXtra in Director to capture the information. You can open up the serial ports and get the raw data in Director and then use that to position the mice and detect clicks. I have also been trying to find a way to stream that info into Flash (since it performs much better on it's own, rather than loaded in Director) by streaming that data to an open network port on the local computer and using a socket connection in Flash to grab the serial data, but haven't had much luck. I posted about that a few days ago, but didn't get any interest. That's all I can tell you. There are some programming tools to do it if you are programming in C or something, but that's not really my forte.