4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2010 3:40 AM by rkoenig53

Album Starter "out of memory" error message

rkoenig53

When I try to start Album Starter I get an "out of memory" error message.  I never have memory problems with any other software.  If it's based on the number of images loading in the library, how do I move images without accessing the program or how do I get around the problem?  I have been using AS for a few years on my pc and have never had an issue until this came up.

• 1. Re: Album Starter "out of memory" error message
          Mark C. Dahm Adobe Employee

How many assets are in your catalog (approx)?

May need to repair the catalog, instead of removing items. The files themselves are not IN the program, so even if you can't launch Starter Edition, the files reside in your hard drive, most likely in your My Pictures folder.

You may also try reinstalling the program, but before you do so, write down the serial number/unlock code you got, because you'll need to re-enter that after installation, and the server we use to generate new numbers is offline, so you'll have to work with the one you have.

-Mark

• 2. Re: Album Starter "out of memory" error message
            rkoenig53 Level 1

I don't believe that I got this software as "stand alone", I think it came packaged with Elements 5.0 but I put the CD in and it doesn't seem to be on the Elements CD.  Is there any other way to get a copy of the software?  My catalogue has < 1000 images.  This is probably stupid to continue to use this software (I'm sure it's old and outdated).  Would it be better for me to use something where the storage is "in the cloud" similar to mobil me?  I have upgraded to Elements 8 and Premiere 8, is there a utility to get to an a storage facility through that software?  Should I just dump Album Starter?  I know where my image files are on my hard drive.  Thanks for your help.

• 3. Re: Album Starter "out of memory" error message
              Mark C. Dahm Adobe Employee

If you have Elements 8, then you can uninstall Starter Edition. Photoshop Elements' Organizer component does all Album does, and much more. When you installed Elements, it should have converted or Album catalog into Elements, so you should be able to uninstall Starter Edition.

Elements does have built in backup/sync to photoshop.com feature, so you can have a cloud backup of all your important photos and video. Go into preferences, and into Backup/Sync settings, and enable it.

-Mark

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Album Starter "out of memory" error message
                rkoenig53 Level 1

Thanks Mark

It worked just as you said and I followed your instructions.  You have been very helpful.