7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2011 1:03 PM by JuKaSc

Early return of library book

PG4003

I have a library book in ADE that I want to return early.  The instructions say open the book, click on Item Info to do this.  But when I click on Item Info there is no option to Return Early.  All I see is File Path info on the book, the publisher info, date borrowed, etc. but no Return Early option.  Anybody help?  Thanks!

• 1. Re: Early return of library book
          sjcasey

In the Library View there is an arrow in the upper left corner of the book icon that says Item Options. Click on that and you will see that one of the options is  Return Borrowed Item.  

• 2. Re: Early return of library book
            JuKaSc

When I do an early return it disappears from ADE on my computer, but is still there on my Nook.  Any ideas?

• 3. Re: Early return of library book
              PG4003 Level 1

You have to connect your Nook to your computer with the USB cord.  Then open ADE and your Nook will show in the list on the left.  Open that, a list of all the books on your Nook will display.  Click on the one you want to return and choose Return Borrowed Book.

• 4. Re: Early return of library book
                JuKaSc Level 1

Thank you for that information.  I did that and noticed lots of books with no title showing up there

as just a number with epub written on it.  What is that and why no title?

• 5. Re: Early return of library book
                  PG4003 Level 1

Sorry, I don't have an answer to that one.  I've seen the same thing on my Nook when I look at the listing in ADE.  You can't open those "books" or anything.  What I've been doing is just deleting them.  When I delete them, I don't notice that anything else is missing, but I don't have a large number of books on my Nook, so it's pretty easy for me to tell.

• 6. Re: Early return of library book
                    KimMcY

I saw your post when looking to return a library book; and I have to ask..where is

the Library View?  I can't find it anywhere in my account, which doesn't even show I ever borrowed anything. Very confusing...I'm tempted to leave it on, even though there is a waiting list for the book.

• 7. Re: Early return of library book
                      JuKaSc Level 1

Look in the top left  corner on ADE screen.  You should see a little thing that looks like 3 books.  Try clicking on it.  To return a book click just before the name of the book and you will see options listed.I think this will help, hope so.

J. Katie Schultz

> Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 12:23:47 -0600

To: kat-schultz@hotmail.com

Subject: Early return of library book

I saw your post when looking to return a library book; and I have to ask..where is

the Library View?  I can't find it anywhere in my account, which doesn't even show I ever borrowed anything. Very confusing...I'm tempted to leave it on, even though there is a waiting list for the book.

>