2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2010 6:51 PM by Jason Semko

Batch not applying ACR image settings

Jason Semko

I am aware this has been posted, but all related posts are filled with too much ancient ambiguity so I was hoping to create a simple thread with a simple answer.

Have 30 photos (JPG)

Open them in camera raw from Bridge (CRTL-R), edit them accordingly, applying different crops, saturation, exposures

Click done

Then start a new recording in photoshop

Select one image I edited, open in camera raw (Yes Image Settings is checked)

Open that image (Oh hey look at my recording, it is recording all of my specific edited values for this image, not good but I'll continue)

Resize

Save

Close

So as many posts have asked before...why, when I run this batch, do all of my image settings follow the first, why can't they follow their respective raw image settings?

Extra info:

CHECKED:

Override Open

Override Save as

Sad thing is I'm pretty sure I did this before after tinkering for a while, but can't remember what magic switch I flipped. Thanks in advanced.

• 1. Re: Batch not applying ACR image settings
          Jeff Schewe Level 5

When you are opening the original raw images to record the workflow settings, are you opening them from within Photoshop or Bridge?

The best way to record the workflow settings (which is the ONLY thing you actually want to be recording) is to start recording the action, then open a raw file directly into Photoshop (not Bridge) do NOT alter the image settings, open the image all the way into Photoshop, do the PS steps,  save as and close and stop recording...then yes, you DO need to make sure you choose the Override Action "Open" Commands to ignore the recorded Open process and use only the Workflow settings recorded and yes, you'll need to select the Override Action "Save As" to make sure you ignore the save destination and only use the recorded file format options...

• 2. Re: Batch not applying ACR image settings
            Jason Semko Level 1

Perfect, thanks Jeff

Here's the simple solution to prevent frustration...STAY AWAY FROM BRIDGE

I will repost what I did as compared to before and bold the changes

Have 30 photos (JPG)

Open them in camera raw from Bridge (CRTL-R), edit them accordingly, applying different crops, saturation, exposures

Click done

Then start a new recording in photoshop

Select one image I edited, open in camera raw FROM PHOTOSHOP FILE-OPEN, NOT BRIDGE (Yes Image Settings is checked)

Open that image (Oh hey look at my recording, it is recording all of my specific edited values for this image, not good but I'll continue)

Resize

Save

Close

Forgot to mention that I apply the batch at this point

Thanks, hopefully this will be the new one-stop-shop.