2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2010 6:40 AM by Paulgul

Update Failed

Paulgul

Running Adobe reader 9.3.2 on windows 7 Home. I had a message say an update was ready to install, when I try to install I get an error message as shown

Image1.jpg

The update was downloaded automatically, but I don't know where it would be stored on my computer or why it should be no longer available.

Paul

• 1. Re: Update Failed
          ARM2705 Adobe Employee

The 9.3.3 update gets downloaded at the following location on Win 7, C:\Programdata\Adobe\Reader\9.3\ARM, Try double clicking the 9.3.3 update and installing manually. If that does not solve the problem, Repair the Adobe Reader 9.3.2 and then launch Reader and trigger the updater from (Help->Check for Updates) menu item. To repair Reader 9.3.2, open "Programs and Features" from Control Panel and then Right Click on Adobe Reader 9.3.2 and click on "change", installation wizard will follow and from there select the "Repair" option.

• 2. Re: Update Failed
            Paulgul Level 1

Sorry, none of these suggestions worked, I tried clicking on update file, this eventually produce another error saying an msi file wasn't available. When I tried repair, this failed with a error message that a update patch had been applied and was unable to proceed with the repair.

I've now un-installed reader and re-installed it and now the update has worked

Paul