7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2010 4:24 PM by the_wine_snob

I can not share / save full hd video i pe 8

Torben Bang

My test project with Video clips recorded in full hd 1920 * 1088 (quick time '.mov) on a Canon EOS 550D does not get saved as full hd when shared as MPG file for PC in MPG 2 or H264 format both 1920 * 1080i 25 fps.

If I convert the video clips directly one by one in  Aimersoft media converter the end up in the correct HD format so I have a strong suspicion that Premier Element have a flaw.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong I actually hope so. Please give me some advice how to get the project saved in mpg as I want to share the edited videos on my pc from my sony tv over the wireless lan. It works with photos and videos save in standard resolution.

Best regards

Torben

• 1. Re: I can not share / save full hd video i pe 8
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Which project preset are you using for your Premiere Elements project?

This is not the output preset. This is the project setting you select when you first start a project.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: I can not share / save full hd video i pe 8
            Torben Bang Level 1

Hello Steve,

I appreciate your quick response. I dont know how much information on project settings you would like but here it comes.

General

• Editing mode: DV PAL
            • Timebase: 25,00 fps

Video

• Frame size horz 720, vert 576
            • Pixel aspect ratio: D!/DV PAL (1.0940)
            • Fields: Lower field first
            • Display format: 25 fps timecode
            • Titel safe area 20% 20%
            • Action safe are 10% 10%

Audio:

• Sample erate 48000 hz
            • Display format: Audio sample

Capture

• Capture format: DV

Video rendering

• Maximum bit depth: unchecked
            • File format: Microsoft AVI DV PAL
            • Compressor: DV PAL
            • Optimize stills: checked

I have not looked at this before. I just tried to change editing mode and capture format but selection list are grayed and inactive.

Best regards

Torben

• 3. Re: I can not share / save full hd video i pe 8

That explains why you're not getting high-definition results. You're using a standard-def project setting!

Part 1 of my 8-part tutorials Basic Training for Premiere Elements  at Muviipix.com explains how to set up a project and select the right preset. As I stress in my books, selecting the right project setting -- and ensuring that it matches the footage you're using as your source footage -- is essential to creating a successful project.

You may have some unique challenges, since you're apparently using video from a still camera. But some people have been able to do it successfully when using the right preset.

Others have had to convert the file to a more standardized format and codec. It all depends on your system, which codecs are installed and which codecs your camera uses to save the video.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: I can not share / save full hd video i pe 8
                Torben Bang Level 1

Hi Steve,

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction toward your premier elements learning video. I was not aware of the project setting tab in the new project dialouge.

With some trial and error the result is now that I can save videos in PAL full hd. The video fills out the tv screen and persons have the right proportions. The only thing just now is that the video only displays correctly when viewed from a USB key.

It still is displays with full withs but reduced height when displayed over the wireless lan using sharing from windows media player on windows 7 (64 bit). Perhaps it can be changed with some settings somewhere in windows or media player??

Best regards

Torben

• 5. Re: I can not share / save full hd video i pe 8
                  Torben Bang Level 1

Change the project settings to full hd when creating a new project. Use the "change settings" button in the new project dialouge to get to settings. You can not change these settings later on.

Torben

• 6. Re: I can not share / save full hd video i pe 8

It depends on what file format you're outputting it as, of course -- but, if you're using the right project setting and the right output setting, this should not be the case. It should display just fine.

• 7. Re: I can not share / save full hd video i pe 8
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Torben,

By choosing the Project Preset that matches your source footage, in the beginning, it's like the foundation of a building.

Once edited, then you can choose so very many attributes for your Export/Share file. Many attributes can be changed to suit how one wishes to deliver the output file. You can change the Frame Size, the compression used, the bit-rate, etc. Many, many choices from cellphones to DVD and BD.

Get that foundation correct, and the rest will be a piece-o-cake.

Good luck,

Hunt