4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2010 3:49 AM by eniva100

Video Sharing Settings

eniva100 Level 1

Hello,

I’m new to Premiere Elements 8 and to video editing in general but I am quite familiar with computers.

I am producing a set of tutorials which will be viewed by end users on Windows machines. I want a reasonably good quality video and each 6 minute video file should be in the order of 60MB.

My question is: what settings should I use in the Share Workspace?

Here is the info I think you will need to answer my question. I am shooting in a corner of the world where PAL is king. I’m using a Panasonic HDC-HS200 camera and I am recording to the hard disk. The Rec Mode in the camera is set to HA1920. When I start a project I set it up as PAL-AVCHD-Full HD 1080i 25 5.1 channel.

Your help is welcome.

Enrique

• 1. Re: Video Sharing Settings
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Enrique,

Welcome to the forum.

For distribution to Windows machines, I would look into WMV. You may have to play around a bit with the bit-rate (often shown as "connection speeds") in the Settings dialog window. Do test the quality of the resulting file, and take notes of what works best to your eyes, based on the file size, controlled by your bit-rate.

Something that you might also want to consider is to Share/Export to a smaller Frame Size, than Full Screen. Again, study the results closely. Only you can decide if the quality vs file size is good enough.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Video Sharing Settings
            nealeh Level 5

Your camcorder records in HD1080p which is not officially supported in PRE. Try the PAL> Hard Disk, Flash Memory Camcorders> HD 1080i 25 setting as I think this will correctly adjust for the 1080p / 1080i mismatch.

Another user has created additional presets - including Progressive Video options - that you may like to try. Details here: Premiere Elements 8: new editing presets for 24p/25p/30p/50p/60p

Cheers,
            --
            Neale
            Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 3. Re: Video Sharing Settings
              eniva100 Level 1

Thanks, I'll play with the settings.

Enrique

• 4. Re: Video Sharing Settings
                eniva100 Level 1

I’ve been playing around and got a reasonable file size and acceptable image quality with the settings detailed bellow. However one problem remains, object edges appear staircased when I am zooming. Is there a way to solve the problem?

Here are my settings for video:

Format: Windows media
                               Codec: Window media Video 9
                               Don’t allow interlaced processing
                               Encoding passes: one
                               Bitrate Mode: Constant
                               Frame: 720 x 540
                               Frame Rate: 25 fps
                               Pixel Aspect Ratio: Square Pixels
                               Maximum Bitrate 2,029.33
                               Image Quality: 100
                               Decoder Complexity: Auto
                               Keyframe Interval: 4
                               Buffer Size: checked 5 seconds

Any suggestions as what to change in order to get rid of that staurcased view will be appreciated.

BTW, I checked my camcorder’s manual and it states that it records 1920x1080/50i.

Thanks,

Enrique