8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2010 5:01 PM by the_wine_snob

PE7 - stop video from running after rendering text titles

P_Forrest Level 1

Hi gang,

When I add manual "sub-titles"  aka text titles to my videos, it works best when I render them as I'm going along with the ENTER key.    That's fine but the video then wants to KEEP start playing from the start and that's driving me bananas.  Can I turn this off?

Sorry, if this has been mentioned before.

cheerio

Petey

• 1. Re: PE7 - stop video from running after rendering text titles
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Petey,

I believe that the checkbox is still in Edit>Preferences General (a bit below the mid-point, IIRC), that will stop instant playback upon Render. I have that OFF in ALL of my NLE's.

Good luck,

Hunt

Playback_On_Render.jpg

• 2. Re: PE7 - stop video from running after rendering text titles
            P_Forrest Level 1

Thanks Hunt!

I had looked through PREFERENCES but I had missed it.   There are just so many things in there. I'm just in the process of fine-tuning my workflow.

Back to the cranberry BC cider!   hehe

Petey

• 3. Re: PE7 - stop video from running after rendering text titles
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Also, there have been some instances, where Adobe has moved things around. I am sure that they feel the new locations are better, but if one has used older version, they on a hunt mission. That was also why I mentioned that the image was PrE 4.0, just in case. At least you'd have had the syntax, and know what to look for, should it have moved. Not sure where I would want that playback on Render, but have never used it, so it gets turned OFF with each versions of my Adobe NLE's.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: PE7 - stop video from running after rendering text titles
                P_Forrest Level 1

Hi Hunt,

Indeed, I would never want the video to playback automatically after rendering.

In PE7, it was exactly where you mentioned.

BTW - rearranging menus is part of the neverending game, that drives us all constant upgraders completey bonkers!!!  Just like how AVI export dissappeared and reappeared into SHARE in PE 7.   What a nomad! hehe

cheerio!

Petey

• 5. Re: PE7 - stop video from running after rendering text titles
                  Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Well, technically the export feature wasn't removed, of course. It was just moved to a more "intuitive" place.

• 6. Re: PE7 - stop video from running after rendering text titles
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

That reinventing the GUI is one reason that I have always kept at least one older version of Photoshop, Illustrator and even one old PageMaker on my computer. I'll load up the newer version of whatever the program is, and then begin to learn where things are now. However, when the phone rings and a good client has a change, and "the courier is on his way over to pick it up... " I do not have time to hunt for whatever. I need to know exactly where it is, and how it works in that version. Over time, most of those older copies do get removed, but not until I can "do it in my sleep."

Between you and me, I have never been comfortable with the term, "Share," but see where Adobe is going with it.

I'm also not sure how the sales figures sort out, between upgrade users and new purchasers. The former are the only ones, who might be looking for something that used to located somewhere else. The new users are either learning for the first time, or migrating from the competition, so they would not even think to look in one of those old locations.

I'm sure that Adobe has many good focus groups and observational labs, to try and improve the GUI. I highly doubt that they get together after work at a bar and say, "hey, I'll bet it'd really mess 'em up if we stuck this, over there." They are trying, but that leaves old guys like me, hunting, and having to beg Steve G. for advice on where it got off to in version X.

Hunt

• 7. Re: PE7 - stop video from running after rendering text titles
                      P_Forrest Level 1

Hi Hunt,

I agree with you completely on keeping the last versions around.  I've heard this line used on other music software forums often:  "I've got a deadline, midnight tonight and the new software keeps on crashing!"    Well, don't start projects for clients in new versions that you haven't even tested yet!  Good grief!  hehe

You hit the nail on the head by wondering if there are more upgraders (like me) or new users.  I would emphatically say "new users."

I can handle the changes with my limited use, but it's nice when one's workflow is smooth sailing!    hehe

Petey

• 8. Re: PE7 - stop video from running after rendering text titles
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Yes, I'd lean towards more "new users" with PrE. I would have guessed just the opposite with PrPro, but as of CS5, it seems to have swung a bit, so it's probably a 50-50 deal now.

Good luck,

Hunt