29 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2010 11:11 PM by Todd_Kopriva

CS5 - When Capable for nanoFlash Sound with Premiere CS5

gnitide

Well Folks, here we go again.  I made the mistake of ordering and paying

for and going through the grief of installing CS5 - I should have my head

examined (as my Dad used to say to me frequently!), after 13 years of

purchasing the latest Adobe updates.  But excuse me, to the subject:

I have an EX1 with nanoFlash producing stunning pictures at 1920x1080 30p

100 Mbps Long GOP MXF Files, and Premiere CS5 handles the video beautifully,

but the audio right out of the box for me and all the other nano people is

gutter garbage, with stereo, one audio channel lagging the other (which can

only be laboriously fixed with each individual clip - argggghhh)!

And Adobe, in its infinite marketing hype and wisdom has decided that users

such as I are not important enough to fix this issue, even with the update!

Does anyone at Adobe or out there anyplace have any notion as to when this

will be FIXED?

In the meantime, after a total rewrite of my hard drive OS and all the other

apps for a clean install, I am back to CS4, using Premiere CS4 with the Main

Concept plug in enabling the appropriate handling of my nano files.  But good

greif!  The time it takes to get out of the timeline, and particularly so compared

to the otherwise superb performance of Premeire CS5.

Convergent Designs - the company which developed and makes the nanoFlash

and related products announces that Adobe has two nanos in hand!

I know, I know, I should have my head examined.  But if anyone out there has

any comments avoiding that, I's appreciate the latest info or even gossip!!!!

• 1. Re: CS5 - When Capable for nanoFlash Sound with Premiere CS5
          videofx

Hi Gnitide, i have no answer except the one i got from Adobe today, CS5 Premiere will

work fine with files from either nanoflash or Aja hard disk drives,

but as i thought it was a lie to get the money,

Does anyone have an answer to this common problem that really should be fixed

the reason im looking into it is im gonna use a nanoflash or Aja soon to bypass my overpriced sony cards

cant believe i paid 2000 dollars each for them what a fool i am.

anyway how do you find the nanoflash apart from software issues

and is there an alternative software

thanks

• 2. Re: CS5 - When Capable for nanoFlash Sound with Premiere CS5
            gnitide Level 1

Dear Videofx, well, I didn't see

this query til I posted my response to your one above.  Yes,

unfortunately for the time being you're out $2,000 - the Adobe

person may not have lied, just misspoken (!) out of stupidity

rampant in the vast beauracracy!!!!!

But to respond to your query, please see the Convergent Designs

Home Page and descriptions of the editors of what OS will work right

now with nano - I believe Avid will, if you can foot the expense,

but check that out on CD site.  As I have indicated, I am now

using Adobe Premeire CS4 (with the Main Concept plugin quite

well (except for the crash of the Titler - arggggh).

Another alternative, and a good one at miminal additional cost

is the Sony Vegas Pro 8, which handles nano beautifully in all

respects (this is based upon my own personal experience, and

is confirmed by CD)  I just wasn't willing to be a beginner in learning

Vegas Pro 8, after being with Premier for 13 years!  This assumes

you can find Vegas Pro 8 (probably on the Internet someplace).

You may wonder why I didn't recommend the current Vegas Pro

9 - the reason is that 9 has a bug with nano files!  Based upon

what has been reported by one of the prinicipals at CG, the

first few frames of a nano clip in Vegas 9 show up as GREEN!

And of course Sony is purportedly working on this????  Some

are nevertheless evidently usng Vegas 9, and working around

the green.

That's all I know, and I hope this has been helpful to you. And

I of course share your negative attitude about Adobe re

nano.

Best regards.

• 3. Re: CS5 - When Capable for nanoFlash Sound with Premiere CS5
              jeremy d. Level 3

"Two nanos in hand?" We have everybody's devices, but that does not mean we can support all of them. As it happens, I have media from Convergent Designs which play just fine in CS5.

• 4. Re: CS5 - When Capable for nanoFlash Sound with Premiere CS5
                Andy Urtu Level 1

gnitide: I have CS5 and am looking to buy a nanoFlash.

Can you give the exact settings you are using in the nanoFlash (100mb long GOP MPG2 etc) What are the sound files? (24bit 48khz?)

Have you tried other settings?

Did you file a bug report with the details and a small piece of the clip?

• 5. Re: CS5 - When Capable for nanoFlash Sound with Premiere CS5
                  jeremy d. Level 3

That's a great idea -- file a bug report.

• 6. Re: CS5 - When Capable for nanoFlash Sound with Premiere CS5
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Here is the Feature Request/Bug Report link. Be sure to furnish complete details, and as Jeremy says, a small piece of the Clip.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 7. Re: CS5 - When Capable for nanoFlash Sound with Premiere CS5
                      gnitide Level 1

AndyUrtu:

In response to your query above re output on my nano, with which I am having difficulty in PPCS5:

Video: 1920x1080, pixel depth 32, frame rate 29.97, pixel aspect ratio 1.0,

MPEG 2 - 4:2:2 - progressive - CBR 100,000 Mbit/sec - Long GOP N 15 M 3

Audio: PCM AES-3 - 48,000 Hz 24 Bit - 2 Channel

Soooo, I think that pretty well covers it!  Now for some commentary, and to me, the

interesting query about trying other settings!  Frankly, I hadn't even thought of that.

First, according to all the users I admire and respect, and according to the principals

of CG (Convergent Designs), the 100 Mbits/sec settings seem best and ideal in

terms of securing the best picture quality at the "lowest" data rate (if you can call

that a "low" data rate!).  So I'm really not willing to change the video set up.  But

I find the idea of doing something different with the audio interesting, and may

try some different settings, since my (and others') issue is with the audio.

From the outset, the principals at CG reported that there were problems with the

audio in nano files with PPCS5, and they implied that Adobe would likely provide

a fix.  So I went ahead and purchased the nano and the Production Pemium Suite CS5

with the expectation that a solution would shortly be forthcoming.

You and I are not alone in experiencing this problem, notwithstanding comments to the

contrary!

And I took Harm's (another one of my Heros!) to heart, and just posted my issue

Adobe's Bug site.

I may be mistaken, but I believe that CG has just produced the thousandth nano,

and while this is miniscule compared to other devices providing files for Adobe,

for those of us who own a nano, the issue is monumental - personally and professionally,

the combo of the Ex1 and the nano produces such stunning fidelity for anything

under 20 or 30 thousand, that I am not willing to settle for anything less.

I hope that the Adobe person will supply some hard data here about the nano

settings which provide error free handling of nano files!  It would be MUCH

appreciated.

Respectfully submitted,

William Urschel

Bee Cave Digital Video, Inc.

Austin, Texas

• 8. Re: CS5 - When Capable for nanoFlash Sound with Premiere CS5
                        videofx Level 1

Hey William, wow you are soo good with words and sound

s like you have a lot of patience, unfortunately i have neither of those qualities, i downloaded the mxf test files from nano website and they wouldnt import, it is so frustrating, i have only recently treated myself to a new system i7 lots of dollars, now wishing id migrated to a mac with fcp maybe could have been a better option

regards

• 9. Re: CS5 - When Capable for nanoFlash Sound with Premiere CS5
                          Andy Urtu Level 1

Can you change the audio from 24bit to 16bit in the nanoFlash?

Are there any other audio formats?

• 10. Re: CS5 - When Capable for nanoFlash Sound with Premiere CS5
                            Andy Urtu Level 1

Bummer

I just downloaded both 720p 60 50mbit long gop and 1080 30p 100mbit Long gop from the CD website

The sound is messed up.  The right and left channels are not aligned.  I separated them into mono L and Mono R.  Only the Right is ok. The left, even when played by itself, has an "echo" sound.

• 11. Re: CS5 - When Capable for nanoFlash Sound with Premiere CS5
                              gnitide Level 1

Hello All!

videofx:  I'm a little surprised that the files wouldn't even import.  When I originally used the mxf files out of the nano with Premiere CS4 (and the required MainConcept plug in), I couldn't get an import either, under ANY conditions.  The superb staff at Convergent Designs worked with me on this (and also informed me that no one else was having this problem), but after much effort we could not find anything that enabled import.  Soooooooooooo, I conducted a complete re-install from the OS on up (ouch!) and then imported OK.  I have since performed another complete reinstall (double ouch) upgrading from Vista Ultimate 64 bit to Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit and have NO problems with any of the Adobe Production Premium CS4 programs (except the blasted crashes with the Titler).  Short of reinstall, I have one thought for you, with a major disclaimer - I swear by Uniblu Registry Booster, another one of those Registry fixers, and I wouldn't be without it - it has saved me sooooo much grief, and I have it running on all four of my computers.  It is one of a gazillion Registry "cleaners" out there, and one of about ten that I have tried - it is the ONLY one which works for me, and by works, I mean it has solved some otherwise insoluable issues with inexplicable crashes (except Adobe's Titler and the CS5 sound abomination!).  After the last major program installation I conducted, several programs suddenly became buggy - I ran Registry Booster, it identified 256 "errors" (!), fixed them, and the bugs disappeared!  By the way, I am not a rep for them or associated with them in any way.  And Registry Booster did not take care of my original issue with being unable to import mxf into Premiere CS4 until the OS re-install.  Now, the caveat - many "professionals" (including my PC supplier's -BOXX Technologies - outstanding technical support staff) are horrified with the use of any such Registry cleaner program.  Nuff said.  Of course, given the issue of the messed up sound with Premiere CS5, import issues seem a bit moot for the time being.

Andy Urtu - Your detailed description, "The sound is messed up," is precisely what I found!  So rather than re-install Premiere CS5 to test various sound set ups re the nano, I think I'll just wait in my typically pollyanish way for Adobe to fix the travesty.

Jeremy d - Where are you!  You said, "As it happens, I have media from Convergent Designs which play just fine in CS5"  Would REALLY appreciate your comment about which CG media you ingested, and the precise set-up with Premiere which apparently enabled this faultless performance.  Then others and I could try to replicate what you've done, and if we can pass the gold standard of procedure replication, we can spread the word to all the greatly frustrated and agitated nano Adobe users!  I assume that most of us have capable machines.  Please let us hear from you.

Finally, I have decided to re-install CS5 AME, AE, and Encore, because of their superlative features and performance.

Ya'll have a great day!

• 12. Re: CS5 - When Capable for nanoFlash Sound with Premiere CS5
                                jeremy d. Level 3

Adobe has been closed for the entire week. I have tried to stay away from the forums, but I am a glutton for punishment. I said that I have the media, and it imports like any other footage. I never said that I have the hardware.

The set-up is a clean machine -- the particular machine I used is above the minumum requirements, but is not anything special.

I want to know who told you that we have those nanoFlash devices, and to whom they were sent. Adobe is a big company, and that hardware could have gone to any number of teams. (edit: or it could not be here at all.)

I will be back at work on Monday.

Jeremy d - Where are you!  You said, "As it happens, I have media from
                                Convergent Designs which play just fine in CS5"  Would REALLY appreciate
                                your comment about which CG media you ingested, and the precise set-up
                                with Premiere which apparently enabled this faultless performance.  Then
                                others and I could try to replicate what you've done, and if we can
                                pass the gold standard of procedure replication, we can spread the word
                                to all the greatly frustrated and agitated nano Adobe users!  I assume
                                that most of us have capable machines.  Please let us hear from you.

The superb staff at Convergent Designs worked with me on this (and also
                                informed me that no one else was having this problem), but after much
                                effort we could not find anything that enabled import.

I think that speaks for itself.

• 13. Re: CS5 - When Capable for nanoFlash Sound with Premiere CS5
                                  jeremy d. Level 3

I think I should explain why I'm so frustrated --

- What I here on this thread is that Adobe sucks.

- What I here on this thread, is not just that someone from Convergent Design said that we have 2 nanoFlash devices, but that "Adobe has two nanoFlash recorders in house," as if it was a known fact, which it is not. I also read, "I would ask what is wrong with Adobe (and I KNOW that some will object  to my statement), but that is a useless question, as we all know what is  wrong with Adobe."

- Did it occur to anyone that it might be that nanoFlash isn't compatible with CS5, rather than the other way around? I certainly don't see it on Premiere CS5's list of supported hardware. I will happily admit to being wrong if someone finds it.

You may understand why I am a bit humorless at the moment, but I am more than willing to help with this issue. Please stop flinging insults around.

• 14. Re: CS5 - When Capable for nanoFlash Sound with Premiere CS5
                                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Jeremy,

I think that you need to chill in the Lounge with us a bit. I'll bring the wine, and we can poke Harm with a stick, while he watches reruns of the octopus picking Spain, and contemplates a tako roll.

Hunt

• 15. Re: CS5 - When Capable for nanoFlash Sound with Premiere CS5
                                      Harm Millaard Level 7

The only time Paul was wrong was with the last final in 2008. That more or less is my last straw during the waiting, that he is wrong again, then during the match Paul will see he was wrong, if his guards let him watch.

PS. I have a better suggestion to Jeremy, fulfill my request sent to your mail and then afterwards I'l join you in the lounge to enjoy Bill's wine...

• 16. Re: CS5 - When Capable for nanoFlash Sound with Premiere CS5
                                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Now, I am not sure what wine goes with tako roll - maybe Plum? If not, maybe Jeremy has some good sake.

Hunt

• 17. Re: CS5 - When Capable for nanoFlash Sound with Premiere CS5
                                          gnitide Level 1

My Dear Jeremy:

Good morning!

Try a pound of tacos and sausa!  With a gallon of coffee, great wake-me-up and mood lifter, before the suger shock hits!

Here is a link (what am I missing, how does one paste or copy here?):  http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-nanoflash/480635-when-premiere-cs5-sound-fix-expected.html .  And if that doesn't get you there, just go to www.dvinfo.net, convergent design forum and look for the thread I started "When Premiere Sound Fix Expected".  You won't like what I had to say about Adobe in the last sentence of my query starting that thread!  But if you can get past that, read the first response to my original query, and you'll see a CG statement re 2 nanos with Adobe.  I also posted another query on the same site which is quite active.  And there are other references by CG staff about communications with Adobe.

And I have mended my ways, and become restrained, politically correct, "nice", and will now only report the "facts" (as any scientist knows, reporting just the facts as a justification for the truth is nonsense, since the observer influences the facts and we are ALL biased based upon the platform upon which we are standing, and at the probable violation of my new persona as "nice, that likely is also true, not only for Adobe customers, but also Adobe employees?).

You have forcefully and powerfully and unequivocally indicated that you have no problem with the nano files (I assume that you downloaded nano files from the Convergent Designs' site and put them through their paces with Premier Pro CS5, with no issues with the audio).

At this point, for all you nano Fans and Users out there who have Premier Pro CS5 AND nano, and who have utilized the two together, is there ANYONE

beside Jeremy who has no problem with the audio?

Jeremy, have a great Monday!

• 18. Re: CS5 - When Capable for nanoFlash Sound with Premiere CS5
                                            Tim Kolb Level 1

jeremy d. wrote:

I think I should explain why I'm so frustrated --

- What I here on this thread is that Adobe sucks.

- What I here on this thread, is not just that someone from Convergent Design said that we have 2 nanoFlash devices, but that "Adobe has two nanoFlash recorders in house," as if it was a known fact, which it is not. I also read, "I would ask what is wrong with Adobe (and I KNOW that some will object  to my statement), but that is a useless question, as we all know what is  wrong with Adobe."

- Did it occur to anyone that it might be that nanoFlash isn't compatible with CS5, rather than the other way around? I certainly don't see it on Premiere CS5's list of supported hardware. I will happily admit to being wrong if someone finds it.

You may understand why I am a bit humorless at the moment, but I am more than willing to help with this issue. Please stop flinging insults around.

Jeremy...you said in message 3 of this thread:

"..."Two nanos in hand?" We have everybody's devices, but that does  not mean we can support all of them. As it happens, I have media from  Convergent Designs which play just fine in CS5."

"We have everybody's devices" would seem to indicate that you confirmed the units were there...

Those of us who have one of these devices have noticed that this device does seem compatible with most other NLEs...so who is incompatible with whom is immaterial to a customer who can buy another product instead of Adobe's and it works...

You make your living because Adobe sells products to the people who post in this forum...who also have to make their living with these products.  When the product is a hindrance to making that living, those of us who use our Adobe software tools to pay the bills can get pretty passionate.  If you had a piece of software that you needed to work to get your paycheck and somebody brushed you off from the manufacturer when that software was causing a roadblock...your interaction here leads me to believe you'd be a couple of levels hotter than any of these guys.

Instead of just snapping back, why don't you check with Paul and ask who is handling the importers for XDcamHD422, and actually ask what's up?  I know I'll be on the phone this week as there are several people at Adobe who I'd like to see this thread.

As far as flinging insults...I think you could have brought the tone of the discussion into line when you stepped into it by asking some further questions and trying to do some follow up, instead you came in and were not at all helpful and sarcastic as well.

Cool it.

Premiere Pro CS5 is as good as we've had in some time.

In spite of its continuing existence in the marketing messaging as yet another component lodged somewhere in between the "script" and the "screen"...  the higher end of the market is taking notice...but they aren't used to treatment like this from their Avid contact...and they have a pretty nice product as well.

Sincerely,

Tim Kolb

• 19. Re: CS5 - When Capable for nanoFlash Sound with Premiere CS5
                                              jeremy d. Level 3

Y'know guys, I understand what you're saying about being passionate. I am, too, and that's why I get defensive where the product is concerned. I was actually just trying to explain, in that second post, why I was getting so hot about the issue, and in the end I did say that I would help. It's easy (at least for me) to miss the pertinent info in a thread when what sticks out are the negative parts. There are reasons why I am not in Tech Support.

I went down to work yesterday to look for a nanoFlash, and did not find one, so I will ask around. I wanted to know who said we had them so I could ask that person who at Adobe has them, so I could test one out. Nobody answered that, but maybe nobody knows. Yes, I will talk to Paul.

There are a couple of things that I meant sincerely, and one which was worded badly:

- I did not find this device on the official list of supported devices. I need to know if I missed it, or whether it's supposed to be there but isn't.

- I do have some media which purports to originate from that device. I don't think I was particularly overbearing with that message.

- It is true that just because we have a device, doesn't mean it's certified. I just worded that poorly.

I am going to excuse myself from this thread.

I will ask someone to communicate my findings to this forum.

• 20. Re: CS5 - When Capable for nanoFlash Sound with Premiere CS5
                                                dhelmly Level 1

I am currently testing the Nano Flash unit and can you that the audio issue has been fixed and will be in the next update (5.02). The issue actually ran deeper than the Convert Design Nano Flash unit and involved certain XDCAM422 audio formats. We are still testing the next Premiere update which will also include more NVIDIA card support , fixes, and other "goodies". Please don't ask questions about the next update - just stay tuned, we working hard to make sure it's solid.

I normally don't jump into the threads here but I wanted you guys to know - this issue has been fix and the "main"  guys at Convertgent Design also know it will be in the next update. I talk to them either by phone or email every few weeks.

Hope this helps -

DKH

Adobe Pro Video Team

• 21. Re: CS5 - When Capable for nanoFlash Sound with Premiere CS5
                                                  Andy Urtu Level 1

Jeremy, I work in software also.  So I understand your side and the others.

To everyone, be a little calmer.  If you worked for a year on a project, and some trashed talked your work, you would be upset also.  Yes, I get frustrated when there are bugs in the software.  I just try to get the facts and come up with either workarounds or find details that will help Adobe fix the proble.

Adobe is more open, more responive that than they have been in the past.  Lets hope they keep moving in this direction.  

Jeremy please stick around the forums.  It is a real nice thing for users to have Adobe employees watching and commenting on these boards.

• 22. Re: CS5 - When Capable for nanoFlash Sound with Premiere CS5
                                                    Tim Kolb Level 1

I'm actually quite calm.

The initial poster was frustrated and said so, concluding his description of the problem with:

"...and particularly so  compared to the otherwise superb  performance of Premeire (Pro) CS5."

That doesn't sound like trash talking to me.

The word out of Adobe on the status of this item has varied wildly based on who you happen to have interacted with from Adobe's staff.  I don't think a customer becoming frustrated should be shocking when that sort of thing happens.

Thanks Dave for chiming in on this on a weekend...

-TimK

• 23. Re: CS5 - When Capable for nanoFlash Sound with Premiere CS5
                                                      videofx Level 1

Hey what an exciting and great thread this is, feathers getting ruffled etc.doh,

maybe i shouldnt be so picky when most of the time i record audio seperatley, but then again! for customers loyatly over the years and the price charged it should be right.

earlier versions of premiere would only edit audio by frame as opposed to millisecond, has this changed in CS5 or is it still the same, otherwise that means i now have to find out if pro tools will support the files as well.

so after many years the first time i had to telephone adobe tech support, i only wanted to ask the question about the nanoflash, not available weekends, so during office hours mon-fri i managed to get a chance to call, after 30 minutes on the phone i spoke to a real person at adobe tech support, and he spoke to me, and i spoke to him and he spoke to me,

unfortunately i couldnt understand much of what he was saying LOL, it wasnt his tech talk, it was his engrish was just that bad, oh well

at least i can change banks when they do that

• 24. Re: CS5 - When Capable for nanoFlash Sound with Premiere CS5
                                                        joe bloe premiere Level 5

Two months ago, I edited two projects using nanoFlash media in CS4

using the MainConcept MPEG Pro HD4 XDCAM add-on.

nanoFlash media spec:

23.98p

Progressive

I-Frame Codec

180Mbps

When imported into CS4, the audio was recognized as mono 1 & 2,

and both channels sync to video perfectly.

I have imported the same media files into CS5, and the audio is

recognized as stereo L&R with the left channel sync-delayed

by 5 frames.  Inconvenient... sure.  Insurmountable?  Nope.

The delay on left channel appears to be consistent throughout all clips,

and can be easily slipped :05 if the audio you need is on the left channel.

In my case, the lav was right and boom left, so I would have "filled right"

anyway and sync would've been fine.

The 4:2:2 video from the nanoFlash looks great... my only complaint would

be that all clips are truncated at 4GB, with no Sony-EX-1 style file structure and

metadata to allow long rolls to be imported as a single clip.  If you hit 4GB in the

middle of a talking head, You have to pick up with the next file.

In my opinion, the burden of maintaining compatibility falls to Convergent Design

not Adobe.

1 person found this helpful
                                                        • 25. Re: CS5 - When Capable for nanoFlash Sound with Premiere CS5
                                                          gnitide Level 1

WOW!  Dave and Joe, thanks from ALL of us - I have just posted a reference to your info over on the

DVInfo Convergent Designs Forum - everyone will be so positively excited!

• 26. Re: CS5 - When Capable for nanoFlash Sound with Premiere CS5
                                                            Tim Kolb Level 1

joe bloe premiere wrote:

The 4:2:2 video from the nanoFlash looks great... my only complaint would

be that all clips are truncated at 4GB, with no Sony-EX-1 style file structure and

metadata to allow long rolls to be imported as a single clip.  If you hit 4GB in the

middle of a talking head, You have to pick up with the next file.

In my opinion, the burden of maintaining compatibility falls to Convergent Design

not Adobe.

Yes, FAT 32 file size limits are nice because you risk less with a catastrophic failure as the files are "closing" after every couple GBs, but a utility that allowed creation of continuous clips would be great.

As far as compatibility is concerned...if the issue existed for all editing systems, then yes, I'd guess that Convergent Design should clean up the issue...but I've not had anyone tell me that this problem exists anywhere else, so whatever difference in the structure between a CD Nano Flash XDcam422 file and a Sony-created file from a Sony camcorder must be subtle.  (Whick is also likley one of the reasons it's taken some time to track it down... I'm sure the assumption by all sides was that straight XDcam422 compatibility was all it would take...like FCP's implementation, even though it's limited to 50 Mbit/s)

I knew it was being worked on...  We just needed the right source of info...

• 27. Re: CS5 - When Capable for nanoFlash Sound with Premiere CS5
                                                              Tim Kolb Level 1

videofx wrote:

earlier versions of premiere would only edit audio by frame as opposed to millisecond, has this changed in CS5 or is it still the same, otherwise that means i now have to find out if pro tools will support the files as well.

As far as I know, Premiere Pro was the first NLE software with this capability...with PPro version 1.0...in 2003. So...no it hasn't changed in CS5...it changed a long time ago.

I've been editing audio file by the sample on the video editing timeline in Premiere Pro for the better part of a decade.

These are the types of features that have dropped out of the marketing messaging for Premiere Pro when it became the 'glue' that holds the Production Premium Suite together as they are not sexy enough to make the brochure I guess.

The fact that it's been around for almost 8 years and you didn't know about it fall right in there with a video instructor that I work with that teaches FCP who said "Premiere is OK I guess, but you know students just don't get the A/B track thing" at NAB...2010.  The last time that Premiere had this timeline setup was in Premiere (no Pro) 6.5, which was replaced with PPro v1...again...in 2003.

Hopefully the Mercury Playback Engine breaking through the din of the production-role blurring "script to screen" messaging will help PPro get some attention for its own merits as an editing system in an "uncut to cut" workflow...which is the one that working editors care most about.

• 28. Re: CS5 - When Capable for nanoFlash Sound with Premiere CS5
                                                                the_wine_snob Level 9

Yes, PrPro 2.0 can certainly display, and allow editing of Audio to Audio Units.

Hunt

• 29. Re: CS5 - When Capable for nanoFlash Sound with Premiere CS5
                                                                  Todd_Kopriva Level 8

The  Premiere Pro CS5 (5.0.2) update fixes issues with audio from Nano Flash devices.

When you have updated Premiere Pro CS5, let us know whether your problem is fixed.

See this page for details about the Premiere Pro CS5 (5.0.2) update:

http://bit.ly/djiyh4

Please report bugs that persist after the update here:

http://www.adobe.com/go/wish