4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2010 7:41 AM by John T Smith

CS4 to CS5 Upgrade has install/configuration problems ???

RoboGuighes Level 1

(My system is running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit )

Awile back I purchased:

Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 (FULL version) on the Installable DVD's.

...and just recently, last week, I decided to bite the bullit, and go for the 64-bit CS5 version upgrade.

Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 (Upgrade version) -downloadable option (its cost $299.00 US)

Method 1./ Now, this seemed to be more of an installation/config issue for me. but after I ran the CS5 upgrade, it did NOT

upgrade/change any of my Desktop icons/links ?

In other words, the same old CS4 Icons were on the desktop.

Instead, I had to goto C:\Program Files\Adobe\...CS5\..., and then create a shortcut to the CS5 executable onto my Desktop?

Method 2./

ok, this so-called CS5 upgrade option obviously dos NOT work right.

So, I completely UN-installed CS4 and CS5, and started from scratch again, but this time I simply installed just

the CS5 Upgrade binaries.

Well that seemed to work fine, and it also seemed to ievennstall all the 64-bit CS5 modules, though it also created some extra CS4 directories in C:\(x86)Program Files\Adobe... ? why would it do that ?

-------------------------------------------------

ok, well has anyone else also experienced any of this upgrade weirdness. ?

Note: I verified my Windows 7 64-bit was up-to-date, and I also "updated" CS5, actually it updates itself.

I have also had a couple "BLUE-screenies", and crashes" in CS5, none of which, in Windows I can really tell what is going on ?, and I never had these issues on CS4 on this same PC.?

I called the 1-800 number for Adobe Technical Support and basically they said the CS5 upgrade that I purchased should have worked fine. uhmmm ya'd think eh?

So, I thought this forum might be more "aware", and/or helpful regarding my Upgrading woes.

any thoughts, would be appreciated.

Thankyou.

Rick.