3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2010 6:42 PM by jude4763

CS5 wont Install  Exit Code 7

jude4763 Level 1

I Just bought CS5 upgrade today(from CS3-which I havent uninstalled) and tried installing it 4 times with the same error message each time at around 68% installed:

Exit Code: 7

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
      - 0 fatal error(s), 8 error(s), 1 warning(s)
      WARNING: Payload cannot be installed due to dependent operation failure
      ERROR: 71 Unable to create directory "/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS5/Adobe Photoshop CS5.app" with mode 775
      ERROR: 71 Command ARKCreateDirectoryCommand failed.
      ERROR: 71 Unable to get permissions of "/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS5/Adobe Photoshop CS5.app"
      ERROR: 71 Error rolling back command ARKCreateDirectoryCommand
      ERROR: The following payload errors were found during install:
      ERROR:  - Adobe Photoshop CS5: Install failed
      ERROR:  - Adobe Photoshop CS5 English Language Pack_AdobePhotoshop12-en_US: Install failed
      ERROR:  - Adobe Photoshop CS5 Core: Failed due to Language Pack installation failure
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      I am running 10.5.8 Intel Core 2 Duo Imac.
      I tried repairing disk permissions and have looked around other forums to know others are having this problem but no real answers yet, 
      Can anyone help Please???
        • 1. Re: CS5 wont Install  Exit Code 7
          jude4763 Level 1

I have also restarted the computer and closed all applications..

• 2. Re: CS5 wont Install  Exit Code 7
            CS5 User Level 1

I've spent 9 days with Adobe Tech Support with similar issue, could not install CS5 on Dell Inspiron 1720 32 bit with SP2.  They escalated the case, but still no answer.  Finally, today, 7/4/2010 (Great way to spend a Holiday Weekend), I tried Microsoft online chat support (fortunately, Vista SP2 still has support until Aug., after that, you have to pay for it).  I reluctantly let Microsoft take over my computer remotely, you have the option to cancel what they do at any time by hitting the escape key or the close button.  The tech. fixed the problem.  He was great, when my wireless connection was interupted, he called my phone, and when my cell phone dropped the signal, he called me right back.  Here is the email summary of what he did.  Hope this solution works for you.  Adobe kept telling me it was a Windows Installer file problem and that I had to download a 4.5 redistributable file, but the only problem is that SP2 for Vista already has the new installer files, and there is no option at Microsoft's site to download a 4.5 for Vista with SP2, only for SP1.  In any case, that wasn't the problem.

The following is the summary of the troubleshooting steps performed that resolved the issue.
            ACTION: Tried to install Adobe CS5.
            RESULT: Unable to install Adobe CS5 getting error Exit Code 7.
            CAUSE: Conflict with Administrator rights.
            RESOLUTION: Enabled Default Admin Account and able to install Adobe CS5 and Acrobat Reader in default admin account.
            Steps to enable Default Administrator Account:
            1. First you’ll need to open a command prompt in administrator mode by right-clicking and choosing “Run as administrator” (or
            use the Ctrl+Shift+Enter shortcut from the search box).
            2. Now type the following command:
            net user administrator /active:yes
            3. You should see a message that the command completed successfully. Log out, and you’ll now see the Administrator account as
            a choice.
            Steps to disable Default Administrator Account:
            1. Make sure you are logged on as your regular user account, and then open an administrator mode command prompt as above. Type
            the following command: net user administrator /active:no
            2. The administrator account will now be disabled, and shouldn’t show up on the login screen anymore.
            For future support please go through the support options

• 3. Re: CS5 wont Install  Exit Code 7
              jude4763 Level 1

Thankyou CS user! This was exactly the problem, however I did call adobe first as I had a mac and different operating systems usually need different

resolutions.. Yet not with this issue. The adobe technician said this happens because under our user names we have corrupted permissions, which even tho I had run the repair disk permissions, its not enough. Also I had a downloaded version, so if you create a new user and log in under that name make sure you put the already installed file in your hard drive so you can access it under the new user. Mine was on the desktop and I had to log in and out to find it to download it. ( on a mac, you will find the 'create new user' under system preferences: system: accounts) It downloaded without a problem and then I logged back in under my name and opened PS5 from the applications...happy days!!!  Good luck everyone