2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 4, 2010 9:48 PM by bmg262

Button / Auto Page Cycle Questions

bmg262

Hey,

I'm going to apologize ahead of time - I just opened up Flash for the first time today, and I can't seem to figure out two problems I'm having.  I think what I have is fairly solid otherwise (for a first attempt at least).

I was trying to make a simple website, but when I exported it to SWF I noticed two problems.

1.  I'm not entirely sure why, but it's cycling through the pages without stopping and without button presses.  I've looked through the actionscript segments, but can't find anything that would make it do that.

2.  I tried to add text on top of transparent buttons and change the color based upon state.  Unfortunately, the text keeps me from pressing the buttons, and also keeps it from recognizing that the mouse is over them.  What is the proper way to do what I'm attempting?

If anybody has any suggestions, please let me know.  These are problems that I'll definitely run into again, so I'd like to find a solution if possible.  I'm not seeing anywhere to attach my FLA file, so if that would be helpful, I can e-mail it or toss it up onto my webserver...

Appreciate any help, thanks!

-Bryan