1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 8, 2010 8:25 PM by Advanced Scripting

Contribute CS4 on Windows 7 64 bit - Attempting to edit existing website results in a blank page

parhcs Level 1

Hi,

I am an IT Tech and not an Adobe Contribute user so my apologies in advance for wrong terminology.

I just installed a new Windows 7 64 bit PC for a client and installed their copy of CS4 Contribute.

When they attempt to edit their website the page being edited ends up blank.  We can't work out why.

The same software was on an Windows XP PC and is the same website that they could edit previously without any problems.

Can anyone assist with settings or advice on potential incompatibility issues?

Thanks

Chris

• 1. Re: Contribute CS4 on Windows 7 64 bit - Attempting to edit existing website results in a blank page
          Advanced Scripting Level 1

Chris

This one is most likely related to permissions - Contribute simply does not have access to write the temporary file, but still attempts to anyway (resulting in a file being created / cleared on the server, but no actual information being written to the file).

This still appeared to be a problem even when running the application in Administrator mode.

I may get flamed by the super security-concience techs, but this worked for me:

• Find the location of the temporary site / draft folder (default is C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Adobe\Contribute CS4\en_US\Sites)

• Select the folders in the "Sites" folder

• Right-click one of them and go to "Properties"

• Click the security tab and click "Edit"

• Add the user "Everyone"

• Select the "Everyone" user and check "Full Control"

• Hit OK, then OK again

I can't guarantee it will work, but see how you go.

Thanks

Dan