3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2010 1:46 PM by j-friedrich

After Effects CS5 PNG files rendered to AVI's then to Premiere w/transitions...

j-friedrich

Hi guys,

Goin nuts....Just a basic test following our previous post.

We rendered an HD PNG sequence to an AVI using After Effects CS5.  Then we imported the AVI footage to Premiere to add transitions by inserting cuts into the footage.  NOTHING!  What are we missing!?!

Thanks for everyone's help.

Just really confused!

Jason

• 1. Re: After Effects CS5 PNG files rendered to AVI's then to Premiere w/transitions...
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Umm "just adding cuts" doesn't do anything - where there is no handle (extended in and out), there can be no transition. Or am I misunderstanding something here? While you have opened two threads, I'm still not getting what exactly you are doing...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: After Effects CS5 PNG files rendered to AVI's then to Premiere w/transitions...
            j-friedrich Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  Ok, we have as mentioned rendered out a PNG sequence back to AVI.  So, if we decide to add some cuts to the rendered AVI and then put in transitions, it will be no go on the transitions?  Then, what is the best way to add in transitions?  I understand the handles issue.  Then, how is it done to put in handles?  We have to maximize our time to reduce render time by doing the workflow as previously described.  Cut the video, do the effects in after effects multi-machine render, then re-import the re-assembled PNG as an AVI to the Premeire timeline.  It's the fastest way pipeline wise to crank out the videos.

Any other methods to do this?

Thanks,

Jason

• 3. Re: After Effects CS5 PNG files rendered to AVI's then to Premiere w/transitions...
              j-friedrich Level 1

Hi guys,

Problem solved.  We were exporting ALL the clips in the timeline to render out to After effects and then bringing it back in as a re-rendered PNG to AVI file.  You can't do this and recut it to apply transitions because it's the SAME clip.  What you have to do is export EACH clip individually to After effects 'replace with after effects composition'.  You will then have multiple comps to render and then re-render as an AVI file.  Then you can do your transitions.....

User error...wasn't sure of the workflow.  Got it now.

What I would like to see in the future is to have after effects automatically make each comp the length of the clip you are importing from Premiere.  Minor issue, just adjust manually.

Thanks for everyone's input to my ranting and raving.

Hope this helps.

Jason