• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hypatia Sans Pro

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2010 Jul 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So a while ago...like 2 years ago.  Adobe gave me Hypatia Sans Pro for free.

anyone know what the licensing with this font is?  I cannot find any information online as to what degree I can use the font commercially.

ie.  I want to publish a book with the font as the main font.  since it is super awesome

anyone know?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

You probably received the Hypatia Sans Pro font family either with Creative Suite 4 or as part of a registration incentive for Creative Suite 4 or one of its component programs.

Note that what Adobe gave you was a license to use the fonts on the same system on which you installed the software that entitled you to these fonts.

It terms of licensing, Hypatia Sans Pro allows for embedding the fonts in PDF, PostScript, and EPS files. You are certainly free to use the font for any publications you prod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably received the Hypatia Sans Pro font family either with Creative Suite 4 or as part of a registration incentive for Creative Suite 4 or one of its component programs.

Note that what Adobe gave you was a license to use the fonts on the same system on which you installed the software that entitled you to these fonts.

It terms of licensing, Hypatia Sans Pro allows for embedding the fonts in PDF, PostScript, and EPS files. You are certainly free to use the font for any publications you produce as long as the font is not distributed outside the publication itself. For example, you can produce a publication-ready PDF file for print or the web with these fonts embedded in the PDF file, but you cannot send the fonts themselves, outside of the PDF file, to your publisher.

Good luck with your book and enjoy use of these fonts.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2010 Jul 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome!  Thanks for your reply and answer

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2010 Aug 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anglonicus, I was also offered the new Hypatia Sans Pro font as free gift with a recent CS4/5 suite upgrade.

Please be aware that the font set does not include the six italic fonts, which are now available separately for $55. On checking the package readme file I see that the font set is now at version 2.016 (circa 2010/01/12), but the font set offered for free download is version 1.009 (2008/02/25.

I was ready to complete my "free" Hypatia Sans pro Roman font set by purchasing the Italic set for $55, but concerned there may be visible differences between the v1.009 Roman font set I have now and the newer 2.016 Italic set.

I have two posts in the forums concerning this topic. Here's the revision history for Hypatia Sans Pro since v1.009:

Revision History - Post v1.009

For all fonts of family Hypatia Sans Pro: version 2.016 created on Tue Jan 12 15:33:34 2010.

version 2.016 created 2010/01/12

Fixed f-ligature cross bars in all fonts.
Corrected missing cedilla on uni0162, 0163, 0162.c, 0163.c, 0162.a
(Tcedilla, tcedilla, and alternates).

version 2.015 created 2009/12/14

Fixed 'lacute.sans' in italic fonts.
Added missing glyphs to 'smcp' feature.

version 2.013 created 2009/11/25

Corrected incorrect allignment zones in the Italic VFB source. This
should be reflected within the fonts.
Corrected several problems in the GOADB that resulted in incorrect
glyph names.
Fixed some outline glitches in both the Roman and the Italics.

version 2.012 created 2009/11/23

Corrected font menu names in name table for Mac platform names. Name
ID's 1,2 16 and 17 are now written following the same rules as the
Windows platform names. Previous releases put the Preferred Name
and Style in Mac platform name ID 1 and 2, and did not write name ID
16 and 17, for legacy issues with old Mac OS versions.
Added Windows platform name ID 8 - Manufacturer.

version 2.002 created 2009/11/16

First submission of Hypatia Roman and Italic fonts together as a full family. This version of the fonts brings them up to the AL4 specification and the corresponding AC3 specification

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines